× Form Help

Quickmode form: firstname and lastname in 'from' field of Admin mail

• mkaz
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

mkaz created the topic: Quickmode form: firstname and lastname in 'from' field of Admin mail

Breezingforms Pro 1.8.4, Quickmode form

The form includes fields 'firstname' and 'lastname' and 'email'.
I am using the default Admin Email and Mailback email with custom design.

The Admin email's 'Reply-To Email is set to {email:value}, which works fine.
I would like to have the 'From Name' in the Admin Email to be set to 'firstname' 'lastname'.
Using {firstname:value} {lastname:value} in 'Alternative From Name' does not work, the values are not inserted and the mail arrives with the curly braces text.
Even if set to only a single value, for instance {firstname:value} or {firstname}, the mails are not send at all, it seems to be causing an error. This is contrary to doc's and posts I found.

I also tried the suggestions in crosstec.org/en/forums/3-breezingforms-f...e-with-2-fields.html
For this purpose I added a field 'fullname', (hide label and turned off).
Implementing these suggestions either did not work (fullname remains empty) or causes both mails not to be send.
We had used classic forms before and it seems that quickmode forms are much more delicate. Many functions/scripts I tried adding to the form or field cause something to break which then causes to mails not to be send.

Any idea how to have firstname and lastname in the From field of the Admin email?

The package of the form is attached if needed.

File Attachment:

File Name: infoform_en.xml.txt
File Size:107 KB
Attachments:
  • Thank you received: 234

mihaela replied the topic: Quickmode form: firstname and lastname in 'from' field of Admin mail

Hello,

From what you have explained it seems that you have set everything right.

Even though using {firstname:value} {lastname:value} in 'Alternative From Name' is expected not to work (for name it expects max one field's value), it should work with {firstname} alone for example.

Could you please zip the package with your form and then send it here so I can take a look since I can't open it the way you've sent it.

Regards,

Mihaela
  • mkaz
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

mkaz replied the topic: Quickmode form: firstname and lastname in 'from' field of Admin mail

Dear Mihaela,

thanks for your reply.
I had added ".txt" to the filename of the package because your upload facility does not list XML as an allowed extensions.
Here is the same xml file again, this time in a .zip archive.
Attachments:

mihaela replied the topic: Quickmode form: firstname and lastname in 'from' field of Admin mail

Hello,

I've tested your form at my site and it is working fine. When I've put the {firstname} in the Alternative From Name it worked fine, the name entered in the form was the mail from name.

Now I say that you wrote that it is a "Breezingforms Pro 1.8.4, Quickmode form".
That is an old Breezingforms version. Please update it and see if that resolves the issue.

Regards,

Mihaela
  • mkaz
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

mkaz replied the topic: Quickmode form: firstname and lastname in 'from' field of Admin mail

Thank you, Mihaela.

{firstname} by itself works.
I was trying to get firstname and lastname into the From Name field.
Since using 2 field values is not supposed to work, I setup a new field called 'fullname' and tried to populate it with 'firstname' + space + 'lastname'.
I tried various different scripts and schemes, including this: crosstec.org/en/forums/3-breezingforms-f...e-with-2-fields.html
I was not able to fill the 'fullname' field with the correct values. Any idea how this could be accomplished?

Hello again,

I'm glad that it is working with {firstname}. So it started working after the update with {firstname}?

The example form the link you've sent should work. It might be that you haven't adjusted it for your form properly.

Here is the Initalization script code adjusted to work for the form you've sent me in the previous post:
function ff_infoform_en_init()
{   setInterval('concat()', 500);
} // ff_infoform_en_init

function concat() {
var userName = ff_getElementByName('firstname').value;
var lastName = ff_getElementByName('lastname').value;
var fullName = userName + ' ' + lastName;
ff_getElementByName('fullname').value = fullName;
}

Then just put the {fullname} in the Alternative From Name and that should to the trick.

Let me know whether it is working as you wanted with the code that I've sent you.

Regards,

Mihaela
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99€

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here