Welcome, Guest
Form Help
  • Page:

TOPIC: File upload to custom ftp server

File upload to custom ftp server 2 weeks 5 days ago #187103

• RAP The Ripper
  • Fresh Boarder
I have created a form with a file upload segment (html5). I also have a custom FTP server running, and created an account to use for breezingforms, with read / write privileges. I have changed the upload path in the settings of breezingforms to my custom FTP address, and included the login credentials in the url. The url that I specified is:

ftp://ftpgast:ftpgast@mail.hetkleineklif.nl

The url for the form is: www.hetkleineklif.nl/aanleveren/uploaden

When i submit the form, everything seems fine, the file uploads shows the progress bar and when it's finished I receive a confirmation email along with a url to the file. However, when I click on the url in the email or check my ftp server, no file has been uploaded.

Is there a way to use my custom ftp server to upload the files to using breezingforms? The reason I don't want to upload to the webhost destination is because the webhost upload speed is very slow, and users on my website upload very large files, and my webhost space is limited.

Kind regards,

Riekelt Pasterkamp
The administrator has disabled public write access.

File upload to custom ftp server 2 weeks 19 hours ago #187333

• lovre
  • Administrator
Hello,

did you try to enable and set the ftp server in the Joomla> Global config.> Server> FTP settings (see attachment).

Let us know how it works out for you.
Attachments:
===============================================
Need to renew Pro Support?
Buy Here!
Satisfied?
Consider a membership!
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter

File upload to custom ftp server 2 weeks 17 hours ago #187371

• RAP The Ripper
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi thanks for assisting me :cheer:

Just entered the credentials there, enabled the FTP layer en clicked on save. I get the following warning message: JFTP::could not connect to host 'ftp://mail.hetkleineklif.nl' on port '21'. I also included a screenshot. I know the credentials are correct, because when I enter them in a FTP program, Windows Explorer or OSX Finder I can connect just fine with these credentials.

After entering these credentials in the global config, I get an error message when I upload a file using the form: Upload failed: file could not be moved.

Any suggestions?
Attachments:

File upload to custom ftp server 1 week 6 days ago #187531

• lovre
  • Administrator
Hello,

Could you please send us your FTP credentials over to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. so we could do some tests.

Please reference this topic in the email and let us know here when you send them over. Thank you.
Buy Here!
Satisfied?
Consider a membership!
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter

File upload to custom ftp server 1 week 6 days ago #187543

• RAP The Ripper
  • Fresh Boarder
I just sent the email from the address This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. The subject line is: TOPIC: File upload to custom ftp server - crosstec.org/en/forums/35-form-help/1146...p-server.html#187531

Kind regards,

Riekelt Pasterkamp

File upload to custom ftp server 1 week 5 days ago #187687

• lovre
  • Administrator
Hello,

We are trying to connect to your FTP server with the given credentials but have no success. Are you sure the credentials and the server are right. Please check them and test again.
Buy Here!
Satisfied?
Consider a membership!
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
  • Page:
Moderators: ForumSupport, pedro81, tomeperica
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

New extension AnalyticsAnywhere released!

Track website visitors no matter if ad blockers are enabled! Check it out!

Lifetime Subscription

Special Offer! Get lifetime access to all of our current and future products and 2 years of professional support -- 149 for only 70!

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, WordPress® plugins, Joomla!® templates   this means, by purchasing a Lifetime Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our 1-Year or Lifetime Subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Pro Support Renewal Plans

If you just need professional support and no further access to downloads or simply want or need to renew professional support, you may choose between various support plans from here.