× Form Help

How To Override Form Component (& Change h2 Tags)

• aadil
  • aadil's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

aadil created the topic: How To Override Form Component (& Change h2 Tags)

Hi,

I want to know if it's possible to override the Breezing Forms Pro Component (so that I may change the h2 page headings to h1 headings)?
I had a glance at the component files & I don't think that your extension is built to be overriden (not sure if I'm wrong here)?!

I'm using the latest Joomla version with the default theme set (so that my template styles are inherited) - currently, site is on a local Wamp installation.

This form has nice features but it definitely isn't a walk in the park to implement, unfortunately.

Regards,
Aadil
  • Thank you received: 162

MarioPuco replied the topic: How To Override Form Component (& Change h2 Tags)

Hello there.

If you want to override some style in the form best way to do so would be like this :
Go to your form > Advance Options > Form Pieces > Before Form > Custom and use this snippet to add / modify the code on your form.

For example if you want to change font size for all lables :

echo '
<style>
label {
font-size: 200%;
      }
</style>
';

If you do it like this you will only affect the current form you are working on, and you will not need to override BF files.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Mario

===============================================
Need to renew Pro Support?
Buy Here!
Satisfied?
Consider a membership!
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
  • aadil
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

aadil replied the topic: How To Override Form Component (& Change h2 Tags)

Hi Mario,

Thanks for your suggestion however, I am familiar with making css modifications.

In this case though, I want to override the component because it outputs h2 heading tags (instead of h1 tags for the page heading/title) & I also want to append template specific classes to the BF output, so that it integrates well with my template framework - so, is there a way to override BF with standard Joomla template overrides?

Regards,
Aadil
  • Thank you received: 162

MarioPuco replied the topic: How To Override Form Component (& Change h2 Tags)

Hello,

If you do use BreezingForms default theme engine it should pick up the styles from your template, yes, but this is not always 100% accurate.
If you are talking about page headings you can always style them with your text editor as shown in my attach.
Also you can make a CSS modification that effects all yours <h1> tags in your form, just copy CSS from your site theme and use the code in previous post.

Regards,
Mario

Need to renew Pro Support?
Buy Here!
Satisfied?
Consider a membership!
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Attachments:
  • aadil
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Hi,

As I mentioned before, I am capable of making css modifications but what I want to do, in addition to changing the standard Joomla page title/heading tags that are output by BF, is override the output to also include my template framework specific classes (I do not want to keep editing each website everytime when I can, instead, override the output to include my classes automatically with my framework that I use to build websites) - which is something standard Joomla components/modules allow you to do.

So please explain if overrides are possible with your extension & if so, then how do I go forward (I tried already but your file structure doesn't look like it's capable of allowing standard joomla overrides)?

I paid for this extension because I believed it to be feature rich & also because I wanted to make installing standardized forms more efficient for me (based on my template framework) - if overrides aren't possible, then I'm not sure if I'll be able to use this extension.
I believed the pro version to be more robust, that's why I bought it.

Regards,
Aadil
  • aadil
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

?
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

New extension AnalyticsAnywhere released!

Track website visitors no matter if ad blockers are enabled! Check it out!

Lifetime Subscription

Special Offer! Get lifetime access to all of our current and future products and 2 years of professional support -- 149 for only 90!

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, WordPress® plugins, Joomla!® templates   this means, by purchasing a Lifetime Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our 1-Year or Lifetime Subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Pro Support Renewal Plans

If you just need professional support and no further access to downloads or simply want or need to renew professional support, you may choose between various support plans from here.