QuickForm - Formatting Email Messages

• wshinds
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

wshinds created the topic: QuickForm - Formatting Email Messages

I am moving over to Breezing Forms, RS Joomla was not what I had hoped, and I am enjoying this software very much.

My only real question at this point is how can I format how an email appears with this Component?

Currently it will appear:

Your Name : Scott
Your Job : Company XYZ
Your Email : jiblets@cockerspaniels.woof
Your Message : Lorem mcipsum dalor sit amet... Lorem mcipsum dalor sit amet... Lorem mcipsum dalor sit amet... Lorem mcipsum dalor sit amet...

When I want it to be sent in an email like this :

Scott
Company XYZ
jiblets@cockerspaniels.woof

Lorem mcipsum dalor sit amet... Lorem mcipsum dalor sit amet... Lorem mcipsum dalor sit amet... Lorem mcipsum dalor sit amet...

if you need to know why I need to reform my emails, we are using an email-2-fax system, and when the user reviews their summary message, they send a fax (and an email). We need to have the email formatted in a letter-like way.

Thank you!
  • Thank you received: 9

terrywmu replied the topic: Re:QuickForm - Formatting Email Messages

Hi there,

Yes, you certainly can format your emails. You can use templates (HTML or text) for emails that are sent to your admin address, as well as emails that are mailed back to a sender. For more information on how to do that, please see the following forum post:

www.crosstec.org/forums/15-usage/1576-cu...fications-howto.html

I'm also attaching a zip file that contains a sample HTML email as well as a sample description of variables so you can get an idea of how it works.

I hope this helps - if you have any questions, please let us know.

Thanks,

Terry
BreezingForms Customer Care

File Attachment:

File Name: sampleHTMLmail.zip
File Size:1 KB
Attachments:
  • wshinds
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

wshinds replied the topic: Re:QuickForm - Formatting Email Messages

Loving it Terry, LOVING it.

I am ALL over this one!

My last question is this:

How do I change the originating email address and subject line? I'll only be doing this for the ADMIN emails.

In other words, my emails need to come from JIM@jimschickenshanty.org to be authorized by my faxing API. Thank you though for all the help thus far.
  • wshinds
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

wshinds replied the topic: Re:QuickForm - Formatting Email Messages

Solved. Love this so much.
  • Thank you received: 9

terrywmu replied the topic: Re:QuickForm - Formatting Email Messages

Hey there,

Glad to hear that you're liking BreezingForms and that you managed to solve that last issue on your own. For others who happen to see this and want the answer, the originating email address is pulled from your Joomla system settings (in Global Configuration).

The subject line can be set for each form in Form Properties > Advanced Tab > More Options, then scroll down to almost the bottom of the screen.

Terry
BreezingForms Customer Care
  • Thank you received: 2

Gregy1403 replied the topic: Re:QuickForm - Formatting Email Messages

Hi Terry

Would you please mind to explain how to rename different templates for different forms? especially for mailbacktpl.html.php ... this one is by default .. how to rename it for different forms?
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds

New Icon Packs Category!

Crosstec is now offering icon packs.

If you are a paying subscriber, icon packs are automatically added to your account.

Check out our icon packs page!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Summer Sale!

50% discount on all of our extension subscription plans, templates and icon packs!

Get Your Subscription Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99 for just 49! (Summer Sale)

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here