Use Breezing form with Content Builder but save data to a separate table while

• Thank you received: 333

mihaela replied the topic: Use Breezing form with Content Builder but save data to a separate table while

Hello,

I understand the situation.

After more consideration, I really don't see the reason which might be causing this kind of behavior.

I have recreated your situation with 3 "File upload" elements, non HTML5, but in my case it seems that integrator is working properly.

I will explain how it works in my case when editing.

1) If in first record nothing was uploaded in let's say field "Image2" and when editing that record I upload a picture in that field it is present in Integrator.

2) If in first record a picture was uploaded in let's say field "Image2" and I add new picture and check the checkbox next to the previously uploaded image in that element then the new picture is saved to database properly.

3) If in first record a picture was uploaded in let's say field "Image2" and I add new picture and DON'T check the checkbox next to the previously uploaded image in that element then paths to both images are saved to the separate database.

I have one more question, did you try to "Edit" some other (not file upload) element to see whether that change is recorded in separate database on first submission? So that it is not necessary to edit it again for the change to be recorded.

Regards,

Mihaela
  • 5uwebsite
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2

5uwebsite replied the topic: Use Breezing form with Content Builder but save data to a separate table while

Hi Mihaela,

Thank you very much for your reply and detailed testing again!

For your question:

"did you try to "Edit" some other (not file upload) element to see whether that change is recorded in separate database on first submission? So that it is not necessary to edit it again for the change to be recorded."

Yes. I did edited other elements (numbers and text fields) and the updated values can be saved to the separate table in the first submission. We didn't need to submit the change again for the change to be recorded. ONLY the images upload elements have this problem.

It seems that it is not an issue related to the HTML 5 upload because we still want to use it for styling purpose.

The upload is successful but it just required another "submit" to save to the separate data table. Is there anything we can do to overcome this issue?

Thanks!

mihaela replied the topic: Use Breezing form with Content Builder but save data to a separate table while

Hello again,

Unfortunately, I don't see a way to fix this since for me it is working fine and other elements are working fine for you as well.

By default it should work since I have recreated the situation and for me it is working on first edit. That is why I can find a reason why it is not working for you since it seems that you have set everything properly.

I suppose that you have tried to delete the file upload elements and recreate them. If you haven't please try to do so and change somehow the fields names while doing that (give new names to new elements). Afterwards, reconnect the new fields in Integrator.

If that doesn't work, you could send me backedn login info for that view just so I can see whether I will find something wrong in the set-up.

Regards,

Mihaela
  • 5uwebsite
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

5uwebsite replied the topic: Use Breezing form with Content Builder but save data to a separate table while

Hi Mihaela,

Thank you for your reply again! :cheer:

Your suggested testings are really inspiring! I followed your instruction to re-create those elements, then reconnect them to the separate data table via integrator. These two fields were recreated and re-linked:

mrkr.io/s/5c889971758d6669056a4fe7/0

However the same issue persists: That is, when editing an existing record, I can upload images at the third page, however, such images won't be saved to the separate data table during the first submit. If I edited that record again, then simply click "Next" until submit, then the record will be saved to the separate data table. The first submit could only save the image path to the brezzing form record.... This only happened to the image elements, all other elements could be saved to the separate table in the first submit.

I then again tried to use HTML5 or Non-HTML5, and even flash upload legacy... all have this strange behavior.

For the same file upload element, I also tested by checking the "checkbox" to remove it and see whether it required 2 submission to erase the file path in the separate data table. It worked surprisingly well. Whenever I checked that checkbox to remove the image, it ALWAYS erase the path of the separate data table during the first submit. I tested many times and it always worked for deleting.

Same for editing existing images. If I clicked the "cross" to remove an existing image during editing, then upload a new one, it will be saved to the separate data table as well.

Only adding new images to a file upload element that has no image in it will fail (and only fail for the first submit, the second submit is fine).

By the way, when creating a new record, adding new images to file upload elements always worked well too.

That is all I can observe for now... and the backend login cound be found below:

This message contains confidential information

In case you need to edit a record, you can login with the following information:

This message contains confidential information
  • 5uwebsite
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Hi Mihaela,

Did the information provided in the last post work?

Thanks,

Hello,

I'm glad that at least editing when checking the checkbox is working, but I haven't managed to figure out why is that necessary for the change to be applied in the separate datebase.

The backend login that you have provided is working. I've compared your form and Integrator setting with my form and integrator in order to detect what is different since for me it is working fine, but all seems to be set up the same.
The only thing that I've noticed is that you don't have the "Insert" rule published in the Integrator.
Even though it seems unrelated to your issue, please try to publish the "Insert" rule and let me know whether it makes a difference.

I apologize for my late response.

Regards,

Mihaela
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds

New Icon Packs Category!

Crosstec is now offering icon packs.

If you are a paying subscriber, icon packs are automatically added to your account.

Check out our icon packs page!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Summer Sale!

50% discount on all of our extension subscription plans, templates and icon packs!

Get Your Subscription Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99 for just 49! (Summer Sale)

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here