Use Breezing form with Content Builder but save data to a separate table while

• 5uwebsite
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2

5uwebsite replied the topic: Use Breezing form with Content Builder but save data to a separate table while

Hi Mihaela,

Thank you for your reply! It seems that the non-HTML5 upload method could always insert the URL path to the separate table, but the HTML5 upload method always failed.

Therefore, the path length should be long enough for the separate data table. So did you refer to the table of Breezing form?

Thanks,
  • Thank you received: 333

mihaela replied the topic: Use Breezing form with Content Builder but save data to a separate table while

Hello again,

I understand the situation, but I referred to the length of the field in separate database table column which is for saving the image path.

I suggested you to enlarge it, because I thought that you might have been trying to upload the same picture with HTML5 upload as you did before with non-HTML5 and in that case the image name would be lengthen with some random chars for this newly uploaded picture.

Is the uploaded picture saved to this record? You can check this in BreezingForms > Manage Records or in the email if you are receiving an admin email.

Regards,

Mihaela
  • 5uwebsite
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

5uwebsite replied the topic: Use Breezing form with Content Builder but save data to a separate table while

Hi Mihaela,

Thank you very much for your help. Although not 100% sure why, we had removed the upload elements and re-link the integrator, it eventually save the file path when we use the HTML 5 upload method. Thank you!

After many repetitive testing, we found a potential bug.

We have 8 image upload fields for the form.

We can now always save the file path to the separate table with the HTML 5 upload method when we use Breezing form to add a new record. All images can be successfully saved without any issues. For example, if we upload 4 images and left 4 image fields empty, all work great!

However, when we use the CB view to edit an existing record (via Breezing form), if we try to add more images (i.e. upload the 5th image or the 6th image to the still empty fields), the records will not be saved to the separate table.

Now, we can see that the images were saved to Breezing form records. And interestingly, if we edit that record again, we can see the uploaded images (because they are saved in Breezing Form records). If we don't do anything and simply proceed to submit the form (i.e. this is the second time we submit the form with the newly added 5th and 6th images), this time the file paths will be saved to the separate table and everything works!

After many attempts and testing, we still cannot find the reason causing the first time edit to fail. As you can always solve our issues, I am trying to seek help from you again :)

Thanks in advance!
  • 5uwebsite
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Hi Mihaela,

Thank you very much for your help. Although not 100% sure why, we had removed the upload elements and re-link the integrator, it eventually save the file path when we use the HTML 5 upload method. Thank you!

After many repetitive testing, we found a potential bug.

We have 8 image upload fields for the form.

We can now always save the file path to the separate table with the HTML 5 upload method when we use Breezing form to add a new record. All images can be successfully saved without any issues. For example, if we upload 4 images and left 4 image fields empty, all work great!

However, when we use the CB view to edit an existing record (via Breezing form), if we try to add more images (i.e. upload the 5th image or the 6th image to the still empty fields), the records will not be saved to the separate table.

Now, we can see that the images were saved to Breezing form records. And interestingly, if we edit that record again, we can see the uploaded images (because they are saved in Breezing Form records). If we don't do anything and simply proceed to submit the form (i.e. this is the second time we submit the form with the newly added 5th and 6th images), this time the file paths will be saved to the separate table and everything works!

After many attempts and testing, we still cannot find the reason causing the first time edit to fail. As you can always solve our issues, I am trying to seek help from you again :)

Thanks in advance!
  • Thank you received: 333

mihaela replied the topic: Use Breezing form with Content Builder but save data to a separate table while

Hello,

After detailed consideration, unfortunately, I can't seem to find the solution to stop the form behaving that way.

Only thing that crosses my mind is that the reason for this is some kind of collision between ContentBuilder and HTML5 upload element.

When ContentBuilder isn't based on a Data Storage it doesn't offer the HTML5 upload so when you are editing a view based on BreezingFOrms record it might be that some kind of collision happens with passing that value and the Integrator.

I have one question regarding this "However, when we use the CB view to edit an existing record (via Breezing form), if we try to add more images (i.e. upload the 5th image or the 6th image to the still empty fields), the records will not be saved to the separate table.". Is every file upload element meant for one image per field or have you checked the "Allow multi HTML5/Flash uploads" field?

At the moment, only thing that i can suggest that might resolve this issue is to revert to standard "File upload", even though I know you didn't want that because of upload button image.

Regards,

Mihaela
  • 5uwebsite
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Hi Mihaela,

Thank you for your reply (again!) :)

Each file upload element is used for one image upload only. I didn't check the "Allow multi HTML5/Flash uploads" checkbox, so each element could upload one image only.

I don't think it is related to the HTML5 upload element, because:

1) We tried to use the non-html 5 upload method, and the issue is the same;
2) For a newly added record, all images are successfully saved to the separate table. This issue is only seen when we updated an existing record, and it only happened for newly added images during the editing;
3) Although the images were not saved to the separate table during the first edit, if we edit the same record again, then simply submit the same form again, the newly added image paths will be saved to the separate table.

Therefore, everything seems to be working, including HTML 5 Upload and the integrator. The only glitch is that they didn't work during the first edit. You have to edit the same record again, then submit it again to get the values saved to the separate data table.

I hope this information helps. Thanks again!
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds

New Icon Packs Category!

Crosstec is now offering icon packs.

If you are a paying subscriber, icon packs are automatically added to your account.

Check out our icon packs page!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Summer Sale!

50% discount on all of our extension subscription plans, templates and icon packs!

Get Your Subscription Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99 for just 49! (Summer Sale)

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here