Use Breezing form with Content Builder but save data to a separate table while

• 5uwebsite
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2

5uwebsite replied the topic: Use Breezing form with Content Builder but save data to a separate table while

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Sorry for asking a non-necessary question here! It is actually all due to my OWN mistakes!

After I realized that I could make mistake like providing the wrong backend URL, I re-check every single steps and configurations. Then I realized that the frontend editing menu item has selected the WRONG CB view. That is why the configurations were all wrong and it could not update the separate data table.

After switching it back to the correct CB view, everything is working like a charm! The separate data table was updated like the backend.

Sorry for my mistake. Thank you very much for your help and time! You are always great!
The following user(s) said Thank You: MarioPuco
  • Thank you received: 333

mihaela replied the topic: Use Breezing form with Content Builder but save data to a separate table while

Hello,

Mistakes can happen. I'm really glad that the cause of the issue is found and that the view and integration with separate database table is working properly now that you've switched to the correct view.

Thank you for the kind words. :)

Best regards,

Mihaela
  • 5uwebsite
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

5uwebsite replied the topic: Use Breezing form with Content Builder but save data to a separate table while

I got another smaller question:

When I am trying to edit an image of a selected record, I can see a small check mark beside the originally uploaded file's name, as shown here:

This message contains confidential information

1. What is that check mark for and do I always need to check it to replace the image?

2. What if I want to delete an image that is not in a required element field?

3. Can we change these browser upload buttons to a CSS button?

Thanks!

mihaela replied the topic: Use Breezing form with Content Builder but save data to a separate table while

Hello,

1. When editing a file upload element in ContentBuilder View, the checkbox is there for you to decide whether you wish to keep the uploaded file or you wish to drop it. If you attach new images, you can mark the checkbox next to the old ones to have them deleted. It might seem a little counter intuitive, but that is the way it works. If you don't check it, the picture won't disappear. Therefore, the answer is yes, need to check it to replace the image.

2. If you wish to delete the image, you just have to check the checkbox as explained above.

3. You can try to check "Use HTML5 upload" in the Advanced properties of that file upload element in the form and see whether that button suits you more.

I apologize for the delayed response.

Regards,

Mihaela
  • 5uwebsite
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Hi Mihaela,

Thank you very much for your suggestions! "Use HTML5 upload" in the Advanced properties of that file upload element in the form is a great idea!

However, it seems that if I use this element, the Integrator could not store the file storage path to the separate data table. I tried to re-connect the integrator after I made this switch and seems not working still. Is there any work-around?

Thanks,

Hello,

I have tried to recreate your issue, but didn't manage to do so.

The Integrator should be able to store the file storage path the same as for file upload field.

Please check whether the uploaded files with "Use HTML5 upload" checked are saved to the corresponding record.

Only thing that currently crosses my mind is that you haven't set the length big enough in the database table for the column that stores the file storage path. Please check that and enlarge the value if necessary.

Let me know the result.

Regards,

Mihaela
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds

New Icon Packs Category!

Crosstec is now offering icon packs.

If you are a paying subscriber, icon packs are automatically added to your account.

Check out our icon packs page!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Summer Sale!

50% discount on all of our extension subscription plans, templates and icon packs!

Get Your Subscription Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99 for just 49! (Summer Sale)

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here