Use Breezing form with Content Builder but save data to a separate table while

• Thank you received: 333

mihaela replied the topic: Use Breezing form with Content Builder but save data to a separate table while

Hello,

1. When I login and try to go to link to see how editing in frontend doesn't work, I get only 404 error, page not found.

Regarding the frontend view, did you create separate View for administrator to edit in backend and users to edit their records in frontend or is it the same view, but with different settings for frontend and backend?
If it is not the same view, please check whether you have marked "Record_ID" as editable.

Can you please send me a screenshot of what you have configured in that list view > Permissions > Frontend.
Please check whether you have View checkbox checked.

As for the "Submission editable by user", I just wanted to check whether that is what you meant when you wrote "Frontend edit via Breezing Form", but now I understand what you meant. That option isn't good for your case, as you realized yourself.

2. Unfortunately, there isn't a "delete" rule for integrator.

Regards,

Mihaela
  • 5uwebsite
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2

5uwebsite replied the topic: Use Breezing form with Content Builder but save data to a separate table while

Hi Mihaela,

Sorry my bad. The frontend link was shortened by the system so it was incorrect. The correct link is:

This message contains confidential information

I used the same view and the same settings for both frontend and backend. I tried to do this to minimize the chance of having issues.

And here is the frontend permission settings: mrkr.io/s/5c506eeba163a132500378d0/0

I am a bit confused here because I just want an user to see his own records and edit his own records. The current setting seems to be working and the user could see his own records, and edited his own records (but limited to the Breezing Form Records).

Thanks

mihaela replied the topic: Use Breezing form with Content Builder but save data to a separate table while

Hello,

You wrote "The current setting seems to be working and the user could see his own records, and edited his own records (but limited to the Breezing Form Records)".

Do you want to say that this is the way it is working now or the way that you would want this to work?
How do you mean "(but limited to the Breezing Form Records)"?

Can you please try to set the Frontend permission as in the picture attached and let me know whether this changes anything.

Regards,

Mihaela
Attachments:
  • 5uwebsite
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

5uwebsite replied the topic: Use Breezing form with Content Builder but save data to a separate table while

Hi Mihaela,

Thank you for your reply. Sorry for the confusion it might have caused.

Regarding "The current setting seems to be working and the user could see his own records, and edited his own records (but limited to the Breezing Form Records)", this is the current observed result.

Currently, when we use Breezing Form to submit a record, it was copied to the separate data table. So the record was saved in both Breezing Form and the separate data table.

When we use CB View to edit that record, it will first update the Record of Breezing Form (i.e. the one you can see at "Components > Breezing Form Pro> Manage Records"), then it should use Integrator to update the corresponding record stored in the separate data table.

At backend, this works well. I login to the backend with the Super User account.

At frontend, this doesn't work. If I use the CB View List View to edit a record at the frontend, it would change the value stored in Breezing Form. However, the value stored in the separate data table was NOT updated and remained unchanged.

And I also see a 404 Error when I hit the "submit" button of the form.

Both frontend and backend are using the same CB View.

I then tried to set the frontend permission you suggested in the previous post but still the same.

Below is information to login to both frontend and backend. I hope that is helpful for you to investigate what I did wrong.

Thanks a lot!

Hello,

Thank you for the explanation. I'm not sure what is causing this not to work.

You wrote "At backend, this works well. I login to the backend with the Super User account."

I see that that in the permissions for Backend you have checked only the List Access and View checkboxes. How are you able to edit and add new records then?
Since you said that it works well at backend.

Since this is working at backend and not at frontend it appears as permission issue.
Please try to set the frontend permissions the same as backend permissions(which you said are working).
Then login to frontend with that same "Super User account" and test whether it is working then.

One important issue is that I see that you haven't checked the "Edit by Type" checkbox in the list view and it has to be checkedsince this view is based on BreezingForms view. That might be the reason why this is not working properly.

Let me know the outcome.

Regards,

Mihaela
  • 5uwebsite
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Hi Mihaela,

My apologize again!

I provided you the wrong backend URL again! I feel so bad that I made the same mistake twice!

The correct backend URL is:

The view we should look at is: "Edit (Backend and Frontend)", which does use the "edit by type". The Super User has all rights under the backend permission tab to edit it:
mrkr.io/s/5c54cdc65694a03226ff9f7e/0

And Frontend Permission was set to:
mrkr.io/s/5c54cde78ea19d462a489660/0

The records stored in "Breezing Form Pro > Manage Records" can be edited. The record stored in the separate data table was NOT edited (through integrator update rule).

Thanks a lot! Really sorry about the mistake I made...
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds

New Icon Packs Category!

Crosstec is now offering icon packs.

If you are a paying subscriber, icon packs are automatically added to your account.

Check out our icon packs page!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Summer Sale!

50% discount on all of our extension subscription plans, templates and icon packs!

Get Your Subscription Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99 for just 49! (Summer Sale)

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here