Use Breezing form with Content Builder but save data to a separate table while

• 5uwebsite
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2

5uwebsite replied the topic: Use Breezing form with Content Builder but save data to a separate table while

Thanks for the answer :)

I am then using the Content Builder View to let frontend users to edit all their own records now.

However, I found that if I updated a record at the frontend, the data stored in the separate table won't be updated accordingly.

As shown here: mrkr.io/s/5c1bd1705dabfa71404a5809/0

Currently I only have a record for the "insert" type. This is working well for new record creation.

Should I add another rule with the "Update" type, then keep both rules and it should work? Is there an easy way to copy the existing rule and change its type so that I don't need to relink all fields?

Thanks,
  • Thank you received: 333

mihaela replied the topic: Use Breezing form with Content Builder but save data to a separate table while

Hello and Happy New Year,

Sorry for the late response, Crosstec Support staff was on collective holiday vacation, as noted in the forum.

Yes, if you have "Insert" rule it will only add new records, but if you add "Update" rule as well it will update the existing records.

You asked: "Is there an easy way to copy the existing rule and change its type so that I don't need to relink all fields?". Unfortunately, the answer to your question is no, you have to reconnect the fields to a database table columns.
What is important in order for the integrator "Update" rule to work properly, you must set the right update criteria by which you want the fields to update.

Regards,

Mihaela
  • 5uwebsite
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

5uwebsite replied the topic: Use Breezing form with Content Builder but save data to a separate table while

Hi Mihaela,

Thank you for your reply. Happy New Year! I wish you all the best in 2019! I hope you enjoy the vacation!

Yes the method you mentioned is working now. We can edit a record at the frontend, via Breezing Form, then update the record stored in the destination table with the "Update" rule Integrator :)

Now, we want to let the website administrator(s) to edit a selected record at the backend.

Please correct me if I am wrong. Currently, a record is created/updated with the following order:

1. Frontend Breezing Form Record Create/Update;
2. Record gets stored to Breezing Form's Table when we hit the "Submit" button of Breezing Form;
3. Integrator will Create/Update the corresponding record at the final destination: a separate database table that we used for frontend filtering, display etc.

And I created a Content Builder View, with the type "com_breezingforms", so that I can have more controls on permissions (e.g. only the record owner could update its own record), and the owner can see a list of all his/her records in the frontend.

Now, we will need to setup a way to let administrator to edit any records in the backend.

1. Do you think I need to setup a separate "backend" view for the administrator, so that this view is only for backend? As shown here:

mrkr.io/s/5c3ba6933c75fc372eb09343/0

2. I try to let the administrator to edit a record with the same Breezing Form as the frontend, by checking the "edit by type" option for the backend view. It works, but it seems that I always got the "Template not found" error: mrkr.io/s/5c3baaa26ecfec3744891860/0 If I click the "Edit" button, it will let me edit that record with the same Breezing Form though. How could I get rid of this error?

3. After clicking "Edit" button of step 2, I will have the same Breezing form of frontend, but losing all its styles and layouts. Is it possible to have the same layout/styles as the frontend Breezing Form?

4. In the backend list view, can we have checkboxes in front of each record, and use it to select multiple records for mass operation? For example, deleting multiple records all at once: mrkr.io/s/5c3bab91be85dd36c97af9e4/0

Thanks a lot for your help!
  • 5uwebsite
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

And I have 2 more questions, in addition to my latest response:

5. If we edit the Brezzing form records in backend, will integrator update the corresponding table's record?

6. If we edit the content builder records in backend, will integrator update the corresponding Breezing form record?

Thanks!
  • Thank you received: 333

mihaela replied the topic: Use Breezing form with Content Builder but save data to a separate table while

Hello,

Here are the answers to your questions.

1. Since in the first view you want to allow record owners to see and to edit their record, I assume you have checked in "Force permission on owner" Edit, "View" etc.

For that reason, you do need to create a separate view for Administrator. It can be in backend and frontend as well if you want, but you need to set the permissions that only people form Group "Administator" have "List Access", can "Edit" it etc.

2. When you create a Content Builder View, with the type "com_breezingforms", after you click "Edit by type" checkbox, then editing is done through BreezingForms so you don't need to create "Editable Template". Despite that, you need to create Content template. I assume that you missed to do that part so you are getting the error "Template not found" error:".
Take a look at this piece of documentation crosstec.org/en/support/online-documenta...f-view-creation.html section 3.

So you just need to go to "Content Template", clik on "Sample" and Save the change.

3. Unfortunately, no. ContetnBuiler has it's own styling.

4. The answer to the question "In the backend list view, can we have checkboxes in front of each record, and use it to select multiple records for mass operation?" is yes, you can. To make the checkboxes appear you need to go to View > Advanced options tab and in Show section check the Select checkbox.
That will do the trick.

If you wish that you don't need to enter the view to edit it, check also the "Edit" in "Show columns". That way an edit icon will appear next to each record.

5. Whether the record will be updated or no depends on the update rule that you have set. If you have set the rule to update by a field in a form then it will be updated. If you have set ti to update by users Joomla id it won't because that user won't be logged in at the moment.

6. I'm not sure what is the difference in questions. So, BreezingForms record will be updated in BreezingForms > Manage Records and in standard Joomla database table. So generally it will be updated everywhere. When users goes to see his record, he will see the change as well.
Whether Integrator will update this in the separate database table, depends on the update rule.

I hope that this will help you.

Regards,

Mihaela
  • 5uwebsite
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Hi Mihaela,

Thank you very much for your answer! It is highly appreciated and it solved almost all problems!

Question 1: Solved!
Question 2: Solved!
Question 3: Solved! Maybe we can style it with a custom css file?
Question 4: Solved!
Questions 5 and 6: Almost solved! Question 6 is not necessary. So we only have a small left over for #5.

It is nothing special, but it is related to the general setup of Integrator. It seems that I can't use content builder (edit by type) to update a record via Breezing Form. That is, although the Breezing form record was updated, the record on the separate data table was not correctly updated.

Here is what happened:

1. Each Breezing form record has a unique GUID stored in the Record_ID field as shown:
mrkr.io/s/5c4809b47d935169680758c4/0

2. The unique GUID was successfully copied to the separate data table via Integrator when a NEW record was created, as shown:
mrkr.io/s/5c480ae82c3fa617bd307abd/0

3. Integrator was setup using the "update" rule, to copy all fields of Breezing Form Records to the separate data table, as shown:
mrkr.io/s/5c480b9815770717f55be757/0

The problem is: New record creation works fine. However, when I tried to update a record using content builder (via "edit by type" or Breezing form), it will only update the Breezing Form Record, AND ALL RECORDS without nothing stored in the "Record ID".

Please feel free to take a test or simply check the backend to let me know whether the Integrator setting was wrong.... I spent hours on this and still could not get it solved....

Below is login information for the website's frontend and backend.

Thanks a lot!

This message contains confidential information

PS: If you have a minute, could you shed some light on this post too? We just want to know how the post-upload process worked so that we can try to insert our code to add watermark (and this may be very helpful for other content builder/Breezing Form users):

crosstec.org/en/forums/15-usage/125584-c...ed-image.html#233373

Thanks again!
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds

New Icon Packs Category!

Crosstec is now offering icon packs.

If you are a paying subscriber, icon packs are automatically added to your account.

Check out our icon packs page!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Summer Sale!

50% discount on all of our extension subscription plans, templates and icon packs!

Get Your Subscription Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99 for just 49! (Summer Sale)

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here