Use Breezing form with Content Builder but save data to a separate table while

• 5uwebsite
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

5uwebsite created the topic: Use Breezing form with Content Builder but save data to a separate table while

Hi there,

Thank you for developing Breezing Forms and Content Builder. They are both really nice and powerful extensions for Joomla! so we want to use both of them for a CCK project.

If we use the "default" way to create a view with Breezing Form in Content Builder, then our data is NOT saved to a separate table. This is a problem when we have lots of data that needs to be filtered with.

If we create a data storage in Content Builder, we can save data to a separate table, that is perfect! However, we won't be able to use Breezing Form to collect data in this case.

I understand that I am not that only person asking for the "separate table". For example, I read this support post: crosstec.org/en/forums/3-breezingforms-f...e-for-each-form.html

but I don't think the very last reply help to store the data to a separate table. The way Breezing form storing records might make filtering, sorting and some other customization more difficult.

I had also read through many posts in the support forum, and realized that we can use the Integrator to store Breezing Form data to a separate table, but this is not designed to use with Content Builder, it was designed for Breezing Form only.

It seems that we are very close to the goal, but I still can't find the solution. You are the experts of both extensions and had provided support for many similar situations. Could you suggest a way that can take advantage of the great Breezing form features, while saving data to a separate table, so that we can use Content Builder to create a View for both displaying and editing the records?

For example, if we use integrator to save Breezing form records to a separate table, then can we use Content Builder's "...or choose an existing table" option to work with that table? If this is possible, then how can we make a view to let the owner of a record to edit his own records?

Thank you very much!
  • Thank you received: 194

mihaela replied the topic: Use Breezing form with Content Builder but save data to a separate table while

Hello,

Here is how you could use both BreezingForms and Contetnuilder.

You can create a BreezingForm form with a hidden input field named let's say "id" that will store user's id.
In order for it to save the user's ID, you have to go to Properties of that hidden input field.
Then in the Value field you have to put a code like this:
<?php $user = JFactory::getUser(); return "$user->id"; ?>

Then using the Integrator you have to create an UPDATE and INSERT to save records to separate database.
In the INSERT rule set Update Criteria - Joomla! to update the record in table in database in case "id" field in database equals "Userid".
NOTE: In table in database you need to have an id field which will be connected to "id" field from the form.

So

If you do everything as explained above you then form submissions will be properly saved and updated in the separate database table as you wanted.

What you could do next is you could create a Menu Item for that BreezingForms form and set Submission editable by user? to Yes. That way, when user enters the form the next time, he will see the data he had entered the previous time and he would be able to edit it.

If you want to use ContentBuilder (as you said) then don't create a Menu Item for a form. You can create a ContentBuilder View based on the form that you have created like this crosstec.org/en/support/online-documenta...rms-integration.html .

Furthermore, you can set permissions so that the user sees only his record and that only he can edit them. Since this view is created based on a form which is connected to database using Integrator, editing record in ContentBuilder will affect the database.

NOTE: In order for both of this solutions to work, user has to be logged in when filling in the form.

Let me know whether this helped and whether everything is clear to you.
If you have more questions, feel free to ask.

Regards,

Mihaela
  • 5uwebsite
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

5uwebsite replied the topic: Use Breezing form with Content Builder but save data to a separate table while

Hi Mihaela,

Thanks a lot for your help! This is great as it should tell content builder who is the owner of a record, and therefore it should work. Thanks!

Now I have another issue: it seems that integrator could only pass some values to the separate table, as shown here:

mrkr.io/s/5c0772d4cc93993fd22c2539/0

I think we have connected the form and the target table, as shown here:

mrkr.io/s/5c077326cc93993fd22c253b/0

And I had provided a value for each of the field in the frontend. Could you use the following information to perform a test and let me know what was wrong?

Thanks in advance!

This message contains confidential information

mihaela replied the topic: Use Breezing form with Content Builder but save data to a separate table while

Hello,

I'm not sure what might have gone wrong.

Could you please try to create a new database table with few fields that you have in your form and then connect it to just few form fields to see whether it will work.

Also, in this r6wmf_vehicle_information table, what is the primary key and do you have set auto increment? Try setting primary key differently.
Regards,

Mihaela
  • 5uwebsite
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

5uwebsite replied the topic: Use Breezing form with Content Builder but save data to a separate table while

Hi Mihaela,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I created a new form with just a few fields and connected it to the integrator, it seems working well:

mrkr.io/s/5c07f7a7b8b1a4405d8e68eb/0

Regarding your question, the primary key for the form is:

mrkr.io/s/5c07f37e733e3840516df20a/0

This is a form we created via the Content Builder's Data Storage "New" function. We created the fields one by one via Content Builder, then got them connected.

Yes the primary key was set to auto_increment (i.e. as it was set by Content Builder). What else should I set differently so that it will work?

Does it also relate to the field types for each field?

Thanks!

Hello,

Ok, this means that the Integrator is working properly, but that something went wrong on connecting the previous form to database.

You wrote "This is a form we created via the Content Builder's Data Storage "New" function. We created the fields one by one via Content Builder, then got them connected.".
Do you want to say that this database that you were connecting the previous form to is the one created by Contentbuilder?

If that is the case I suggest that you DO NOT use that database that was created with ContentBuilder, but that you create manually a database table for the form that you are creating with BreezingForms and that you wish to integrate.

Regarding the field types, yes, you can't set the database column to be for, for example integers if text will be entered there.

Let me know whether I've understood you correctly and whether you've managed to create a database table and connect it properly with the form.

Regards,

Mihaela
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.042 seconds

New Support System

Dear Customers,

Users with active subscription have support priority which will be dona via ServiceDesk (My Account > Raise a ticket).
FREE Support topics will be answered when AND if there is time.

You can check support guidelines here : here

Regards,
Crosstec Team

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99€

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here