Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Javascript conflict with my template

Javascript conflict with my template 6 years 5 months ago #11675

• mksmedia
  • Junior Boarder
Hi theMuffinMan, first of all, thank you for all your help so far.

The issue I am currently having is between my template and the form with Javascript-Jquery : I use Morph from JoomlaJunkie which loads Jquery for other things and works fine with everything else such as my search module which also uses javascript.

The problem is when I go to a page with my BF for trip booking, the form's tooltip doesn't work and also breaks my search module. I checked with JoomlaJunkie and they said that the form is also loading Jquery and causing this issue.

He suggested if I could find a way to disable it for the form and everything should be fine but I am not sure where to do that.

If I was to disable it in the form, will the form still function correctly with the tooltip feature?

Here is the link with the form for troubleshooting: dev.sunholidaytours.com/trips/spain/inde...le-3-night-extension ( it is currently offline but I had provided you with a login)

If you would like it sent again, please let me know. I hope you can help with this. Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Javascript conflict with my template 6 years 5 months ago #11677

• TheMuffinMan
Hi!

Do these guys use the jquery non-conflict mode? If not then that's the issue.
JQuery is usually not conflicting with itself.
===============================================
Satisfied?
Consider a membership!
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter

Re:Javascript conflict with my template 6 years 5 months ago #11708

• Lio
  • Fresh Boarder
I faced with a similar issue with one of Joomlart templates. The scripts conflict cause the main dropdown menu stop working for currently active menu item. This issue is reproduced only in Internet Explorer 7. Other browsers have an JS errors in their logs but menu seems to be working as usual.

After some time spent on experiments I found a workaround. I discovered that JS errors exist only when I use the form as a menu item. When I insert the form into any article through the BreezingForms plugin the page with article and the form in it loaded without any JS errors.

Re:Javascript conflict with my template 6 years 3 weeks ago #14267

• bristweb
  • Junior Boarder
Lio wrote:
When I insert the form into any article through the BreezingForms plugin the page with article and the form in it loaded without any JS errors.
thanks for sharing. when the plugin is set to create the form in an iframe the compatibility issue goes away. however showing the form in an iframe isn't ideal for many other reasons...

@crosstec
is it possible to disable the import of the jquery.min.js from the administrator (without hacking the component)?
Last Edit: 6 years 3 weeks ago by bristweb.

Re:Javascript conflict with my template 6 years 3 weeks ago #14323

• TheMuffinMan
Hi,

BF is using the non-conflict mode, and since version 1.7.1 this version should be gone for most cases.

If I am wrong, please let me know and I'll go deeper into that case.

Regards,
Markus
Satisfied?
Consider a membership!
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter

Re:Javascript conflict with my template 6 years 3 weeks ago #14324

• bristweb
  • Junior Boarder
actually using version 1.7.2. there is still a javascript conflict. i am using the superfish dropdown menu module which also uses jquery and this breaks the page whether i set superfish to use no-conflict mode or not. the only way i can get the form to operate correctly is through the plugin iframe... however that creates a different set of challenges.

it would be great if the jquery include could be disabled through the admin interface.
Moderators: ForumSupport, pedro81, tomeperica
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

BreezingForms For BreezingCommerce Released!

Now you can use the power of BreezingForms as very flexible product configurator right within BreezingCommerce. Watch here how it works!

Lifetime Subscription

Holiday Discount: Get lifetime access to all of our current and future products and 2 years of professional support -- for just 129 for just 70 until July, 31st 2016!

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, WordPress® plugins, Joomla!® templates   this means, by purchasing a Lifetime Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our 1-Year or Lifetime Subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Supporting the Joomla! Community

Offical Joomla! User Groups and organizers of Joomla! Days, registered at Joomla.org, are supported by Crosstec, worldwide!

If you are running a JUG or organize a Joomla! Day and you need any of our products, just write an email to info@crosstec.org and you'll get a Lifetime Membership for free!