Seperate database table for each form

• jamess
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

jamess created the topic: Seperate database table for each form

I am using breezing forms and content builder to develope a site which should have many forms with each having a large number of submissions. I have used the integrator to update and insert records and would like to get some advice on best practices.

If I wanted to create a seperate database table for each form do you have a recommendation on the how to best accomplish that goal? I want to keep as much functionality as I can, in particular, user form editing of submitted forms.

I will be trying and testing some forms in the mean time but I am sure your advice is worth having.

I would also need to capture the "record" number created by breezing forms used to identify the various elements "subrecords" and so it could be stored in the content builder record and use it to help update the breezing forms subrecords..

Thank you,
Jim
  • Thank you received: 628

chrisal replied the topic: Seperate database table for each form

Hello Jamess,

i hope i not wrong.

If you want a database table for each form the easiest way would be to create the table first.

Then create a data storage of this database table.

Afterwards you can create the view as normal. So you don't have to create Integrator rules and the form.

regards
Chris

Regards,
Christian

===============================================
Satisfied? Consider a membership!
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
  • jamess
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

jamess replied the topic: Seperate database table for each form

As you suggested - with little success. :huh:

If I am not mistaken you said that I could create the view as normal without using the integrator. I took that to mean that I could create a database table, then a breezing form and then a view of type breezing form which I could use in content builder. I did this and the result was a form that would not write to the content builder data storage. When I tried it the database table I created is not used, conent builder's data storage setup is not used to submit a form nor to edit a form through content builder's editable template.

This happen wether I used a content builder menu item or a breezing form's menu item.

On my own. :unsure:

I had tried using the breezing form and integrator prior to this but the result was a form that would write to both data storages (breezing forms subrecords and content builder's data storage) after having setup the integrator for insert into the content builder data storage.

I had also setup the integrator to update to the content builder's data storage. When I tried to use content builder's editable template on the submitted forms, they were edited but the only storage that would get updated was the breezing forms data storage. Also when I had selected that the breezing forms would be editable by the user the same thing happened (only breezing form data storage was updated). In both cases, I was left with two data storages (content builder's and breezing forms') with inconsistant records and only the breezing forms data storage having been updated upon editing of a submitted form.

Content builder did a great job of listing and pulling up submitted forms for editing. It does appear though that those forms are pulled up from the breezing form data storage.

In summary. :blink:

In just a few form entries using breezing forms, with forms that have few elements, I have already racked up over 100 records in the subrecords data table.

I am hoping to have a website that is very form intensive and to have high volumn use of the form records. If I have many forms with many elements and many submitions this data table (subrecords) seems like it could cause problems in maintaining a swift website. This is why having the data stored in a seperate table form each form would be beneficial to my use.

I don't see how I use breezing forms to accomplish this goal using the method you suggested. I could not use the intgrator to update content builder data records despite having selected that table as the intgrators update table source and target. I don't know what I am missing. I thought that would work. I don't care if their are records in the breezing forms (subrecords) data storage so long as they and the content builder data storage can both be updated using the integrator or some other method. I need the data storages to maintain consistent data between them, since apparently there is no getting around the breezing forms data storage method.

The question. :S

Do you have any suggestions on how I can use the excellent breezing forms to produce many complicated forms (many page, many element) and produce a data storage that can stand the riggers of high volumn persistent use of the data by many users. It seems if I can get the data broken into a seperate table for each form that I would have the best usability.

Thanks again for any help you can give.

Jim :)

UPDATE INFORMATION - ADDING INTEGRATOR to BREEZING FORMS with CONTENT BUILDER DATA STORAGE
(breezing forms data storage records all behaved as expected in all cases)

Case 1: Insert and Update Intgrators Published
New Form
creates new record
updates every record with new form submission data
Update
no records created or updated

Case 2: Only Published Insert Integrator (worked as expected)
New Form
creates new record

Case 3: Only Update Integrator Published
New Form
updates every record with new form submission data
Update
no record updated

Case 4: Using the New Button Provided in the List View from Content Builder
With Published Integrators of Insert and Update, Insert Only, and Update Only
In all cases no new Content builder data storage record created.

Hello again,

sorry i wasn't very clear. With 'creating the view as normal' i meant to create the view but without a BreezingForms form as the datastorage.

You can create a datastorage which has a direct relation with a database table:

An for the view creation:

The problem with this workaround is that you dont have the features of a BreezingForms form.

Please test this and let me know if this is something for you.

regards
Chris

Regards,
Christian

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Attachments:
  • jamess
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

jamess replied the topic: Seperate database table for each form

The best I have come up with after many trials is to have a breezing form with the integrator and an update form from content builder. My problem then remains that the breezing forms data is not update by the content builders editable forms. Is there language that can be used and included in the "Action (PHP)" section of contnt builder that would see to updating the breezing forms data storage?

The "Action (PHP)" area of content builder that I am refering to is located in the "Scripts" tab of the popup window that is reached by clicking on the "[text]" links which are located in the "Editable" column of the "View" tab (one for each record).

It would seem I would also need the "subrecords" table "record" number created for each submitted formss stored elements.

All of this because I have not been able to use the breezing forms and the integrator to insert and update a content builders data storage using content builder's views with the "edit by type" breezing forms selected. I seem to get odd results. :(

Thank you again,

Jim

Hello again,

The best I have come up with after many trials is to have a breezing form with the integrator and an update form from content builder. My problem then remains that the breezing forms data is not update by the content builders editable forms.

Just to make sure - You use the same form in both cases (view -> type -> com_breezingforms -> form name)

regards
Chris

Regards,
Christian

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.297 seconds

New Icon Packs Category!

Crosstec is now offering icon packs.

If you are a paying subscriber, icon packs are automatically added to your account.

Check out our icon packs page!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Summer Sale!

50% discount on all of our extension subscription plans, templates and icon packs!

Get Your Subscription Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99 for just 49! (Summer Sale)

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here