TOPIC:

Auto-populate and validation from a database 8 years 7 months ago #88442

• Topic Author
  • sks0113
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
I was wondering if it is possible to do two things:

Validate name - Is it possible to validate a user entered name in the form (first and last name) against a database to verify that the user is authorized to RSVP for an event?

Auto-populate from database - It is possible to, once the user name is validated, auto-populate a select field?

For example, I want John Doe to be able to RSVP for an event. However, I have limited him to 2 guests. Therefore, when he enters his name in the form as John Doe, I would like for the maximum number of guests he can select to be limited to 2.

I read the user manual and believe that the second item is possible but am unclear on how to create the database and to set up the query. I am not certain if the first item is possible.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Auto-populate and validation from a database 8 years 7 months ago #88599

• Syno
  • Ultimate Breezer
  • Ultimate Breezer
Hello,

please see the attached file. It includes a sample form which checks for the email address. This form uses Ajax requests to fetch data from the database tables.

Unzip the file and install the included xml using the Breezingforms package installer:

crosstec.org/support/index.php?pid=knowl...=viewentclient&id=78

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Syno
Attachments:

Re: Auto-populate and validation from a database 4 weeks 20 hours ago #262794

• tapiochre
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
Hi guys

I'd like to see if I can use this feature on a Wedding website but the link is no longer valid.

As per the OP, I would like to do this (steps 1 and 2 could be done using AcyMailing but if it can be done in Breezing forms, so much the better!)

1. Set up a list of names, email addresses and max guest count, alongside and a unique code for each invitee:

a) Name
b) Email Address
c) Max Guests
d) Code

2. Send an email to each invitee from the database along with their own unique code. Add a URL link in the email to bring them back to the website.

The click event obviously takes the invitee to the site and the code is used to verify their entitlement. So they enter the code into a Breezing Form field and submit it. If the code matches a record in the database we show them their record and ask for them to approve the RSVP. Then we fire off an email to admin and also one to the invitee by looking up their email address and using that for the send.

How does this sound?

Chris

Re: Auto-populate and validation from a database 4 weeks 12 hours ago #262808

• tihana.krivic
Hi,

1) for this you can add element to the form:

a) Name - textfield
b) Email Address - textfield
c) Max Guests - number input
d) Code - textfield

In number input you can set number of max guest
In code we can add code that create unique code for each user or event (what you want).
You can see example here:
crosstec.org/en/forums/41-breezingforms-...html?start=42#258115

2) on each submit form you as admin, or user (mailback), can receive email
You can add a URL to the email you receive by doing the following :
Go to Manage Forms -> Your Form -> Advance -> More Options -> Admin Emails > Edit Emails ( check custom ) -> And on the end of the document you should put a link you want to recieve, and other fields you want to have in email

Hope this help

Let me know if you need more help

Regards,
Tihana

Re: Auto-populate and validation from a database 3 weeks 6 days ago #262845

• tapiochre
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback - sadly I think you misunderstood my requirement.

See this reference site: www.zola.com/wedding/stolive/rsvp shows you that the guest must enter their name to indicate that they will attend.

++++

On MY wedding site, the list of possible attendees will already have been populated before the email goes to the invitee. Each attendee is allovcated a code (5 digits for example). We might used AcyMailing to do this.

We will send an email to each guest and they get will see it as invitation to the wedding and willl show them their own unique code reference number. They will also have a URL Link in that email. The link will take them to the wedding website to a page called RSVP.

On this page will be a simple form with one field and a submit button.

The field will be labelled RSVP Code - it will accept ONLY codes that are already defined and are stored in the AcyMail database table, each code refers to a guest.

Ideally, Breezinf Forms will look up to see if the code entered by the guest exists, if it does, they will be shown their name and a message such as "Hello PERSON, thanks for replying - we look forward to seeing you at the Wedding".

If the code entered does not exists, a simple error message will be shown and the guest can try again.

So the application is one to use Breezing forms to simply look up data in a table, compare and act, if the code entered exists.

Can you have another think?

Chris

Re: Auto-populate and validation from a database 3 weeks 6 days ago #262862

• Mirec
  • Ultimate Breezer
  • Ultimate Breezer
Hi,

I want be sure that I understand what you want.

you want to create a Form, which has one field where the user inserts code, and when the user clicks on submit, the form will check does it code has in the database if has code, then display some data in a popup message, depending did he find code or not, and name of users which can be displayed in some field as 'Name'.

If I have it right, could you please make an example Form and export your database and send it, and I will make a code and implement it into the form.

Regards,
Mirko

Last edit: Post by Mirec.
  • Page:
Moderators: ForumSupport
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds

BreezingForms Pro 1.4.7 for WordPress Released!

Available in the membership section.

September Discount!

Massive discounts on all subscriptions!

Get Your Subscription Here

Quick Links

Downloads

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Templates

Documentation

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Apprendre BreezingForms (French Community)

Apprendre et maîtriser BreezingForms par des tutoriels et exemples, le tout en français

breezingforms.eddy-vh.com

Questions et réponses sur les forums de l'AFUJ

AFUJ

Special Offer

Summer Sale! All subscriptions at a special price!

Includes prio support, all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions and Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership.

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!