PDF export

• Zuzana
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

Zuzana created the topic: PDF export

Hi,
I had problems with foreign characters, changing all collations to ut8_general_ci did solve the problem characters appear correctly in BF forms, in BF records, in XML and CSV export, but not in PDF export, what shall I do?
Thanks!
  • djhargrove
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Official Support
  • Thank you received: 222

djhargrove replied the topic: Re: PDF export

which characters are giving you issues? what language
  • Zuzana
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Zuzana replied the topic: Re: PDF export

Not with the usual ones like
ž š
but with
ū ş ı ć č ř ě ň
they are Indian, Latvian, Czech, I suppose, some others may still appear from other users, utf_8_general_ci collation preserves them perfectly in xlm and csv, only pdf fails.
Thanks!
  • Zuzana
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Hi,
I have found your reply
"...
You basically need to unzip the file attached and copy the 3 files inside into /administrator/components/com_breezingforms/libraries/tcpdf/fonts/

Then open the file /components/com_breezingforms/facileforms.process.php and find the line that says

$pdf = new TCPDF();

Best search for "TCPDF".

Then, right after this line, add a new line:

$pdf->SetFont('dejavusans');

This would be for the attachments.

Now for the exports in manage records, do the same in the file /administrator/components/com_breezingforms/admin/recordmanagement.class.php
"
I tested it right now and all caracters I mentioned behave well
Thanks a lot!

For other users: I used
www.crosstec.org/media/kunena/attachment...gacy/files/fonts.zip
to download fonts
  • Zuzana
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Hi,
there is still one little problem, pdf export and attachment work fine, except for the case when pdf attachemnt is created by my own file, i.e. when
formname_pdf_attachment.php
is used instead of
pdf_attachment.php

Could you help me with this issue?
Thanks in advance
Zuzana
  • Zuzana
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Problem solved, I forgot that I had a similar file in after pieces code, because I wanted to rename the pdf accourding to user id, therefore I just included
$pdf->SetFont('dejavusans');
in my code after
$pdf = new TCPDF();
and it works!
The following user(s) said Thank You: pbozek
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds

New Icon Packs Category!

Crosstec is now offering icon packs.

If you are a paying subscriber, icon packs are automatically added to your account.

Check out our icon packs page!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Summer Sale!

50% discount on all of our extension subscription plans, templates and icon packs!

Get Your Subscription Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99 for just 49! (Summer Sale)

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here