TOPIC:

How to save each page in a multi-page form? 9 years 6 months ago #64316

• wgary's Avatar Topic Author
  • wgary
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
I have developed a multi-page registration form where the user has to fill different informations. This is working perfect.

The form has to gather a lot of different informations so my question is, if/how it is possible to save each page to my database. So if the user will come back 2 days later, he will be able to continue to fill the form.
So how to add a Button "Save" on the level of buttons "before" and "Next" without transmitting the form to admin?
And also without validating the missing pages?

Thanks for any idea how to implement this.

br Wolfgang

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: How to save each page in a multi-page form? 9 years 5 months ago #65767

• provirtuais
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
I just found your post and I have the same question, so I'm bumping this thread up and hoping you get a reply.

Re: How to save each page in a multi-page form? 9 years 5 months ago #65918

• TheMuffinMan
  • Developer
  • Developer
Hi,

in the breezingforms' menu item, there is an option "user editable forms". If you enable it, it will make it possible to continue unfinished forms. This will only work with users that are logged in.

For the "fill in and come back later" requirement, you need to add a custom submit button, to to advanced => more options => action => check "custom" => check "click" => click "create code framework"

Inside the generated function, right after "case 'click':", add this

ff_submitForm();

This will submit the form and turn off all validations. While the regular saving button will fire the validations.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Markus

Re: How to save each page in a multi-page form? 9 years 5 months ago #65999

• wgary
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
Thanks for reply - I have tested it on one page and it is working perfect.

Now I have just the issue to know if it is the last page or if the user just save it. Because I run an update sql statement on the transmit statement and that should not run if the page will be saved (and not transmitted).
My idea is to check an input value of the last page or do you have any other idea to identiy just save versus transmitted?

br Wolfgang

Re: How to save each page in a multi-page form? 9 years 5 months ago #66000

• TheMuffinMan
  • Developer
  • Developer
Hi,

I would say you add a hidden input, call it "tmpsave", add "false" as default value and then in the custom submit button, add this before ff_submitForm():

ff_getElementByName('tmpsave').value = 'true';

Then, to make sure it is always false on page load, go to form => advanced tab => more options => pieces => after form and add this:
echo '<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
ff_getElementByName("tmpsave").value = "false";
//-->
</script>';

Then the value will be saved as regular value and you can use this information to decide what to do.

Regards,
Markus

Aw: Re: How to save each page in a multi-page form? 9 years 5 months ago #66185

• wgary
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
Hi Markus, thanks for your support. I have added command buttons for navigation and for "save". This is working as expected.

My next issue is, that if a user just save I don't want to send notification emails to admin.
Also I will send an other text as email to the user "please login and retrieve your data with following link..". This should be an other email then the transmit-confirmation email to users.

So my idea is to have a new function ff_savemyform without email notification. But how?

Or to disable email notification in settings and during transmit just add customized emails to admin and users. But how to add the customized emails?

Thanks for any tipp & br
Wolfgang

Moderators: ForumSupport
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds

BreezingForms Pro 1.4.7 for WordPress Released!

Available in the membership section.

September Discount!

Massive discounts on all subscriptions!

Get Your Subscription Here

Quick Links

Downloads

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Templates

Documentation

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Apprendre BreezingForms (French Community)

Apprendre et maîtriser BreezingForms par des tutoriels et exemples, le tout en français

breezingforms.eddy-vh.com

Questions et réponses sur les forums de l'AFUJ

AFUJ

Special Offer

Summer Sale! All subscriptions at a special price!

Includes prio support, all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions and Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership.

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!