• Topic Author
  • Niederhofer
  • Away
  • Senior Breezer
  • Senior Breezer
Hello there,
I tried to change/expand the upload directories according to this:
crosstec.org/en/support/online-documenta...fferent-folders.html

1) With the attached test file I tried different settings for the upload path in advanced settings:
Test is the name of the field, the value is preset: Test and there is a new folder in "uploads" called "Test"

{ff_uploads} - works, photo is in folder uploads
{ff_uploads}/{Test:value}| - doesnt work, photo is not in folder Test nor somewhere else
{ff_uploads}/{Test:value}/ - doesnt work, photo is not in folder Test nor somewhere else

What I am doing wrong? Am I overseeing something?

2) Also I noticed, that photos are only uploaded with the standard form submit button. With a custom -> on click -> validate submit button there is no upload possible. Is this correct? If yes, why is this not possible with a custom submit button?

Thanks for advise + kind regards
Andreas
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Niederhofer.

Photo upload different directory 3 weeks 6 days ago #256107

• tihana.krivic
Hi,

this is not correct, because there must be only lowercase (this is case sensitive)
Here is explain how to upload with dynamic names and folder:
crosstec.org/en/support/online-documenta...fferent-folders.html

{ff_uploads} is mail folder and upload files will be saved to /media/breezingforms/uploads
You can change it, just put correct path to your folder.

If you need more help, please let me know

Regards,
Tihana

Last edit: Post by tihana.krivic. Reason: folder is /media/breezingforms/uploads not upload

Photo upload different directory 3 weeks 5 days ago #256142

• Topic Author
  • Niederhofer
  • Away
  • Senior Breezer
  • Senior Breezer
Dear Tihana,
with all respect for you and your job, but this is not helpful. Breezingforms lacks a proper documentation, so you and the support forum section is the only way to collect all necessary inforrmation. Why it is not possible to get full complete answers to all questions?

"this is not correct...." - Why is this not correct? It is like in school...please give a reason.

"Here is explain how to upload with dynamic names and folder:
crosstec.org/en/support/online-documenta...fferent-folders.html" -
This example link I have send you in my question message, saying, that I used this in my try to set it up. I want to show, that I try by myself to collect everything in the forum section. And only if I am not able to go further, I ask you. So why do you send this link back to me if I already know it and it doesnt help further ?

In this example link is written: "FOLDER MASKS EXAMPLE {ff_uploads}/{username}/{date}|

So I used thisexample and you telling me, this is not correct. I would suggest to correct the example then. {ff_uploads} is also the preset in the file upload advanced settings.
This folder "/media/breezingforms/upload " does not exist, there is only ".../uploads"

Please Tihana, me and a lot of other rely on your help. If I ask 2 questions, then please answer 2 questions. This will save a lot of time for you and me not ping-ponging messages back and forward until everything is answered.

Thanks!
Andreas

PS: Today I found, that the folders names should be only small letters like "test" and not "Test" - so this is case sensitive.
So question 1 is answered. Can you please help with question 2?

Photo upload different directory 3 weeks 4 days ago #256154

• tihana.krivic
Hi,

sorry for that, my fault, I didn't notice that, I am a mega busy these days, so I give the best to answer to all of your and other questions.

For your second questions:

1) if you are using Custom submit button, then go to your form->Properties->Include Submit button->set it to No.->Save properties->Save

2) go to this Custom submit button->Advanced->Actionscript->check Library->check Click->select Script ff_validatesubmit.
Save properties->Save

P.S: I tested it now with default upload (HTML5 and Flash upload is unchecked), and it works. Upload image is saved to the folder /media/breezingforms/uploads

Let me know if you need more help, and once again sorry

Regards,
Tihana

• Page:
Moderators: ForumSupport
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds

BreezingForms Pro 1.4.7 for WordPress Released!

Available in the membership section.

September Discount!

Massive discounts on all subscriptions!

Get Your Subscription Here

Quick Links

Downloads

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Templates

Documentation

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Apprendre BreezingForms (French Community)

Apprendre et maîtriser BreezingForms par des tutoriels et exemples, le tout en français

breezingforms.eddy-vh.com

Questions et réponses sur les forums de l'AFUJ

AFUJ

Special Offer

Summer Sale! All subscriptions at a special price!

Includes prio support, all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions and Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership.

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!