TOPIC:

Joomla update keeps attempting to install Pro instead of free 1 month 1 day ago #248482

• Topic Author
  • Gillian
  • Senior Breezer
  • Senior Breezer
A couple of years ago, Crosstec gave me access to a beta version of BreezingForms Pro to test out a bug fix. I installed this on about three sites, even though before this I was using the Free version.

Until recently, updates to the latest Pro version went ahead, but now, a Pro key is required.

I don't have a Pro account so I installed the latest version of BreezingForms Free version.
I did not uninstall the Pro version first as I did not want to lose the forms I have created.

Here is a screenshot of the update I installed on 10th September:

Today I have discovered that it is trying to install the Pro version again:

What do I need to do to stop this? Thank you.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Gillian. Reason: Image not showing

Joomla update keeps attempting to install Pro instead of free 1 month 1 day ago #248484

• TheMuffinMan
  • Developer
  • Developer
Hi,

please remove the update sites in the joomla settings for breezingforms.
I assume there are 2 now.
After you removed them, please install it manually again. This should fix it for future updates.

Regards,
Markus

Joomla update keeps attempting to install Pro instead of free 3 weeks 6 days ago #248716

• Topic Author
  • Gillian
  • Senior Breezer
  • Senior Breezer

TheMuffinMan wrote:
please remove the update sites in the joomla settings for breezingforms.
I assume there are 2 now.
After you removed them, please install it manually again. This should fix it for future updates.

Unfortunately not.

Today I did as you suggested, deleted the update sites, then installed the free version at 11:50. At 16:00 when I logged in to the site again, it is again trying to update the Pro version. See the step-by-step screenshots I took as I went along, just in case:

Removed the update sites in Joomla:

I removed the two update sites and then discovered another one for sysbreezingforms and removed that one as well.

Located BreezingForms Free on my PC:

Installed the free version:

This afternoon:

Could there be a file in administrator/components/com_breezingforms that I could delete manually to help with this issue?
Attachments:

Joomla update keeps attempting to install Pro instead of free 2 weeks 5 days ago #249092

• Topic Author
  • Gillian
  • Senior Breezer
  • Senior Breezer
Please can you try and fix this? I have several websites that I keep needing to reinstall the free version instead of the Pro version.

Thank you.

Joomla update keeps attempting to install Pro instead of free 2 weeks 5 days ago #249097

• TheMuffinMan
  • Developer
  • Developer
Hi,

can you please send me admin temporary admin access?
I ask because I tested this very carefully and couldn't repeat this behavior on my dev machine at that time: mbopp@evolutio-it.com

I will catch up with the email backlog tomorrow as I had serveral exams for certifications (today has been the last one) alongside the regular update development, so I cannot promise an immediate solution.

Thanks & Regards,
Markus

Last edit: Post by TheMuffinMan.

Joomla update keeps attempting to install Pro instead of free 2 weeks 4 days ago #249168

• Topic Author
  • Gillian
  • Senior Breezer
  • Senior Breezer
Hi, I've sent you super user access to one of my development sites where I'm getting this problem.

Hope the exams went well.

Thanks.

• Page:
Moderators: ForumSupport
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds

BreezingForms Pro 1.4.7 for WordPress Released!

Available in the membership section.

September Discount!

Massive discounts on all subscriptions!

Get Your Subscription Here

Quick Links

Downloads

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Templates

Documentation

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Apprendre BreezingForms (French Community)

Apprendre et maîtriser BreezingForms par des tutoriels et exemples, le tout en français

breezingforms.eddy-vh.com

Questions et réponses sur les forums de l'AFUJ

AFUJ

Special Offer

Summer Sale! All subscriptions at a special price!

Includes prio support, all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions and Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership.

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!