TOPIC:

generate a random account reference 3 weeks 2 days ago #247631

• Topic Author
  • Delboy
  • Expert Breezer
  • Expert Breezer
Hello all,

I would like to create a form that would auto generate a random account reference about 8 characters. This code would then need to be submitted in the registration email and passed to the google sheets. How can I achieve this? Happy to PayPal anyone for a working solution. I am very familiar with BF. There are various solutions on the forum but mainly using the ID number. Which would not be long enough and none sequential format would be required. It could start with the ID number which would help make sure it was never repeated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

generate a random account reference 3 weeks 2 days ago #247657

• TheMuffinMan
  • Developer
  • Developer
Hi,

what about using a custom field for joomla profiles and populate that field with let's say php's uniqid() function in your form's begin submit piece?

At the same spot you could also re-populate a hidden field with that ID such that it gets recorded in the record manager and I am also pretty sure Joomla allows displaying custom fields in registration emails (at least it should be possible w/o hacking using language overrides, as the registration email template is managed in language files).

Regards,
Markus

generate a random account reference 3 weeks 2 days ago #247659

• Topic Author
  • Delboy
  • Expert Breezer
  • Expert Breezer
Hi Markus, thanks for the quick reply. Maybe I wasn't clear? The user will not be registering with Joomla admin, purely BF registration only. It's the BF confirmation email which I am referring to. So basically user enters name, email and phone number, we then issue the usual BF confirmation email which needs to have a unique password about 8 characters long. The last two figures could be the ID number if that is easier to keep it unique. The data will then get submitted into the Google sheets so I have a copy of the auto generated password. This password is not relevant to any part of this website it will be used for an external project. Could you create a zip file of this feature? Would be more than happy to PayPal your support, and also be extremely grateful!! Or post the code required to create the also generated password

generate a random account reference 3 weeks 1 day ago #247673

• TheMuffinMan
  • Developer
  • Developer
Hi,

hm, maybe it is enough then to add a hidden input with this default value?
<?php return uniqid();?>

If you forward this to your spreadsheet, you should basically have what you described above.

Regards,
Markus

generate a random account reference 3 weeks 1 day ago #247678

• Topic Author
  • Delboy
  • Expert Breezer
  • Expert Breezer
Sorry I am unsure what you mean? How would this generate a random (8ish) character password? Whats generating the random code? BF or Joomla some how?

Last edit: Post by Delboy.

generate a random account reference 3 weeks 1 day ago #247704

• Topic Author
  • Delboy
  • Expert Breezer
  • Expert Breezer
OK so tried it and low and behold it works a treat. And so incredibly simplistic!! Love it. I now under stand that it is generated by PHP. There is a demo of uniqid it here if anyone is looking to use this. www.tutorialspoint.com/execute_php_online.php
I have sent a thank you via the PayPal thank you button! TOP JOB

Last edit: Post by Delboy.
  • Page:
Moderators: ForumSupport
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds

BreezingForms Pro 1.4.7 for WordPress Released!

Available in the membership section.

September Discount!

Massive discounts on all subscriptions!

Get Your Subscription Here

Quick Links

Downloads

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Templates

Documentation

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Apprendre BreezingForms (French Community)

Apprendre et maîtriser BreezingForms par des tutoriels et exemples, le tout en français

breezingforms.eddy-vh.com

Questions et réponses sur les forums de l'AFUJ

AFUJ

Special Offer

Summer Sale! All subscriptions at a special price!

Includes prio support, all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions and Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership.

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!