TOPIC:

Once Stripe Payment is Sumittied form is cleared regarless of payment errors 2 months 1 week ago #245140

• Topic Author
  • cheddarnines
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
A long time ago before Breezing forms had an implementation for Stripe payments, I set up Stripe myself hacking all the needed bits from Stripe's API into Breezing Form's Initialization Script and put a few other bits in some section descriptions to get it all working.

When I did that Stripe used to show up in a modal on top of the form.
The old site I made is still being used and you can see it in one of the attached images (myOldImplementationExamle.jpg).

The form I am currently working on uses the Breezing Forms Type Stripe Element.

In the Breezing forms Element implementation Stripe shows up in a modal on the form's URL but on a grey page that is not the forms. Once that happens there is no way back, no way to cancel and change anything on the form, but most importantly all the form data is lost if there is a failed payment.

Look at the difference between the attached images (myOldImplementationExamle.jpg) VS (ff example.jpg) and you can see what I am saying here.

Ideally the Breezing Forms implementation of Stripe would work like my original hacky implementation worked. (as a modal over the form with the data all still there with the "X" close button to dismiss the modal to make corrections to the form beneath it if needed.)

Is there anyway to solve issues I am describing with the Breezing Forms version of Stripe? or Should I hack back in my old version.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Once Stripe Payment is Sumittied form is cleared regarless of payment errors 2 months 1 week ago #245142

• TheMuffinMan
  • Developer
  • Developer
Hi,

you are saying the X at the top isn't working?
This is the regular Widget from Stripe, I cannot actually do much about it but that X should work (if it doesn't we have to see).

Regards,
Markus

Once Stripe Payment is Sumittied form is cleared regarless of payment errors 2 months 1 week ago #245144

• Topic Author
  • cheddarnines
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
NO the X is there have a look at these 2 sites and maybe that is easier to see what I am saying. Maybe I just have a setting wrong on the Stripe Element.

This is the one I did a long time ago:
www.signs2fleet.com/buy-truck-signs-and-graphics
(If you get to the end and dismiss the stripe modal it works how I think it should.)

and here is the one I am trying to finish with the BF Stripe Element:
boatdrinkschicago.com/order-online
(if you get to the Stripe modal and dismiss it you end up on the home page of the site and the forms data is lost)

Last edit: Post by cheddarnines.

Once Stripe Payment is Sumittied form is cleared regarless of payment errors 2 months 6 days ago #245168

• TheMuffinMan
  • Developer
  • Developer
Hi,

the version that works the way you want it is using a custom stripe call.
I assume it got some Stripe related javascript in form => advanced => more options?

However, it works like this on the other side because it is supposed to present a payment after the submission, not before like in the other example.

However, if you want the same behavior, I fear you might need to use the same principle being used in the other one.

Regards,
Markus

Once Stripe Payment is Sumittied form is cleared regarless of payment errors 2 months 6 days ago #245201

• Topic Author
  • cheddarnines
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
OK thanks for letting me know that.
I just wanted to make sure there were not any other simpler options
because I forgot how I actually scripted that other one.
I will post it for others after I redo it for this current project; probably will help someone else trying to achieve something similar.

Once Stripe Payment is Sumittied form is cleared regarless of payment errors 2 months 6 days ago #245215

• TheMuffinMan
  • Developer
  • Developer
Alright, I have a large update on the plate regarding payments anyway. Will start with it soon and it also covers things like this. I will definitely look at your solution as it might give a good idea about what workflows people prefer.

Last edit: Post by TheMuffinMan.
  • Page:
Moderators: ForumSupport
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds

BreezingForms Pro 1.4.7 for WordPress Released!

Available in the membership section.

September Discount!

Massive discounts on all subscriptions!

Get Your Subscription Here

Quick Links

Downloads

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Templates

Documentation

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Apprendre BreezingForms (French Community)

Apprendre et maîtriser BreezingForms par des tutoriels et exemples, le tout en français

breezingforms.eddy-vh.com

Questions et réponses sur les forums de l'AFUJ

AFUJ

Special Offer

Summer Sale! All subscriptions at a special price!

Includes prio support, all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions and Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership.

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!