TOPIC:

Element width issue (I've tried everything) 2 months 1 week ago #245014

• Eddy.vh
  • Gold Breezer
  • Gold Breezer
Salut.

Le mystère en reste aussi grand car, comme tu l'as vu, j'ai mis le doigt dessus de suite parce que je connais ce type d'affichage depuis que j'utilise Helix Ultimate.
Ce n'était donc pas une surprise pour moi et tu n'es pas le premier à me faire part de ce genre de problème.

Le bootstrap sert au responsive oui mais il y a boostrap et bootstrap, à savoir que la version disponible dans Helix est personnalisée, je ne sais jusqu'à quel point et par dessus tout il y a la différence des versions entre Helix et BreezingForms.

De mon point de vue, ùême avant la mise à jour de Joomla!, ça ne pouvait pas fonctionner avec un thème bootstrap dans BreezingForms. Peut-être as-tu sélectionné ce type de thème et n'as pas remarqué de suite le changement ? Je ne sais pas…

Hello,

The mystery remains as big because, as you've seen, I put my finger on it right away because I've known this type of display since I've been using Helix Ultimate.
So it wasn't a surprise for me and you're not the first to tell me about this kind of problem.

The bootstrap is used for responsive yes but there is boostrap and bootstrap, that is to say that the version available in Helix is custom, I don't know how much and above all there is the difference between the versions between Helix and BreezingForms.

From my point of view, even before the Joomla! update, it couldn't work with a bootstrap theme in BreezingForms. Maybe you selected this kind of theme and didn't notice the change right away? I don't know... I don't know... I don't know... I don't know...

Eddy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Eddy.vh.

Element width issue (I've tried everything) 2 months 1 week ago #245040

• TheMuffinMan
  • Developer
  • Developer
As a sidenote: you can still use bootstrap 3 within breezingforms by checking "Use Built-In Bootstrap3" when the Boostrap engine and Use Boostrap3 are being selected.

BreezingForms will then use a prefixed BS3 version that (hopefully) should solve BS4 displaying problems.

However, I would be willing to add BS4 and BS5 support for the BF for J3 version if there won't be no J4 release candidate soon.

I was just reading up a few days ago that boostrap 5 alpha has been released already, so this entire upgrade path (not just for BF) will get quite messy for a while.

I think you see the problem now, I am now dealing with BS2.3, BS3, BS4 and very soon BF5.

Quite hard at the moment to decide what to do next and when.

There is also the option for BF to get rid of BS entirely and better focus on a new native form renderer as it turns out that Bootstrap became a version hell and thus being not helpful at all.

Regards,
Markus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Emolas

Element width issue (I've tried everything) 2 months 1 week ago #245063

• Topic Author
  • jakleinhans.v
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
Hi all,

I tried following the conversation but am struggling with the French.

Did you find a solution? I'm still stuck and cannot figure out what the answer to my problem will be.

Any help would be great!

Thanks,
Adolf

Element width issue (I've tried everything) 2 months 1 week ago #245065

• Emolas
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
Hi Adolf,

Yes it's good for me.

Problem with Bootstrap, remove Bootstrap mode and activate Breezingforms on your form.
My form is not in I-Frame but in simple Joomla module on SPBuilder.

Hoping to help you, that to solve my problem.
Sorry for my english.

Salomé

Element width issue (I've tried everything) 2 months 1 week ago #245066

• TheMuffinMan
  • Developer
  • Developer

As a sidenote: you can still use bootstrap 3 within breezingforms by checking "Use Built-In Bootstrap3" when the Boostrap engine and Use Boostrap3 are being selected.

Had good results with this with another customer yesterday. But it depends on the "extras" that the template vendor added to the page template.

Element width issue (I've tried everything) 2 months 6 days ago #245091

• Topic Author
  • jakleinhans.v
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
Thanks for the clarifications!!

So I think I am missing one more thing. When I switch my form to Breezingfroms engine away from Bootstrap, I will save the form, but when I refresh the form settings, it is still bootstrap.

So, the form does not save my settings when switching to BreezeEngine away from Bootstrap.

I also enabled "Legacy forms" in global config.

Any suggestions why this might be?

Thanks in advance,
A

Moderators: ForumSupport
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds

BreezingForms Pro 1.4.7 for WordPress Released!

Available in the membership section.

September Discount!

Massive discounts on all subscriptions!

Get Your Subscription Here

Quick Links

Downloads

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Templates

Documentation

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Apprendre BreezingForms (French Community)

Apprendre et maîtriser BreezingForms par des tutoriels et exemples, le tout en français

breezingforms.eddy-vh.com

Questions et réponses sur les forums de l'AFUJ

AFUJ

Special Offer

Summer Sale! All subscriptions at a special price!

Includes prio support, all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions and Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership.

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!