Contact form no longer sending email.

• swcx.org
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

swcx.org created the topic: Contact form no longer sending email.

Hi all. Hope you are well.

I have just recently noticed my contact form at www.swcx.org/en/contact is either no longer sending an email or the email it is sending isn't arriving.

I have checked the recipient email addresses and they are able to both send and receive

Help appreciated,

Marcus
  • TheMuffinMan
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 669

TheMuffinMan replied the topic: Contact form no longer sending email.

Hi,

can you please check if there is a record arriving in the record manager?

If not, then please check if the form is running as an article, using the BF content plugin. If it is, then please turn off the joomla cache temporarily to test if it changes anything. If it does, then I might have a solution for you to keep caching enabled but still fixing the form.

If it is not about caching, please check if your site is sending emails in general to the specified email address. Good test would be using Joomla's built in contact form (not the email test from the joomla settings).

Regards,
Markus

===========================
If you are happy, please leave us a small review here to keep us motivated:
(Please turn off your VPN and local Apache prior reviewing as your review might get blocked)

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ BreezingForms: extensions.joomla.org/extension/contacts...orms/breezing-forms/
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ContentBuilder: extensions.joomla.org/extension/authorin...tion/contentbuilder/

Satisfied?
Get a membership!
  • swcx.org
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

swcx.org replied the topic: Contact form no longer sending email.

Can you please check if there is a record arriving in the record manager?
There were no record for that form EVER. So I created a new one from the sample template and this one does leave a record in the record manager.

If not, then please check if the form is running as an article, using the BF content plugin.
Correct, this is how they are running. within an article, called up as a module.
{loadmoduleid 224}

If it is, then please turn off the joomla cache temporarily to test if it changes anything. If it does, then I might have a solution for you to keep caching enabled but still fixing the form.
Joomla cache was on progressive, turned it off. still no emails received (to any address I try)

If it is not about caching, please check if your site is sending emails in general to the specified email address. Good test would be using Joomla's built in contact form (not the email test from the joomla settings).
What is the built in contact form? this bit sounded simple but I cant work it out ;/
  • swcx.org
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

swcx.org replied the topic: Contact form no longer sending email.

Oh, I'm getting this from the Global Config...
Send Test Mail

Notice
Could not start mail function.
Error
Test mail could not be sent.

site is running PHP version - Managed PHP version (currently PHP 7.3)
  • TheMuffinMan
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 669

TheMuffinMan replied the topic: Contact form no longer sending email.

Hi,

since records arrive in the record manage it is rather not a caching issue.

But your most recent post is important as it seems Joomla as a whole cannot properly send emails already.

Are you sure you were setting it up correctly in the Joomla config?

I know I asked you not to use the test in the config, but that was because it very oftens shows it does work while it doesn't for extensions (like the built-in contact form).

If it doesn't work in the Joomla config already, like in your case now, then the problem likely occurs due to that and should be fixable by setting it up correctly.

Please let me know how it went!

Regards,
Markus

If you are happy, please leave us a small review here to keep us motivated:
(Please turn off your VPN and local Apache prior reviewing as your review might get blocked)

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ BreezingForms: extensions.joomla.org/extension/contacts...orms/breezing-forms/
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ContentBuilder: extensions.joomla.org/extension/authorin...tion/contentbuilder/

Satisfied?
Get a membership!
Moderators: ForumSupport
Time to create page: 0.042 seconds

We Are Doing Our Part

Massive discounts on all of our extension subscription plans to help you and your business in these times.

Get Your Subscription Here

New Icon Packs Category!

Crosstec is now offering icon packs.

If you are a paying subscriber, icon packs are automatically added to your account.

Check out our icon packs page!

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

We are doing our part and support your business with extremely low prices -- For example 6-Months-Subscription for only $9 USD. For as long as necessary.

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!