TOPIC:

Find section name programatically 7 months 5 days ago #238967

• Topic Author
  • deeplogica
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
Hi
I need to get the section name of each section from the database, but cannot see where its stored.
I am exporting the data and need the section name along with its elements.

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Find section name programatically 7 months 4 days ago #238989

• mihaela
  • Developer
  • Developer
Hello,

Section names do not get saved along with the submission.

This piece of documentation crosstec.org/en/support/online-documenta...header-in-email.html might help you achieve what you want.

Regards,

Mihaela

Find section name programatically 7 months 4 days ago #238995

• Topic Author
  • deeplogica
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
ok. strange that its not stored? Where is it held if its not stored in the database? It must be saved somewhere?

I have numerous pages and on each page I have a section. under each section, I have numerous questions. I need to be able to know for each question, which section its in.
I dont see how to do this when I save the form?
Is there a way to pick up the name of the section from the form when I save the form ? On the Save form section, I need to make sure that each question gets associated with a section.. I will write my own queries in the database, but how do I trap each question as its being saved?

thanks

Find section name programatically 7 months 4 days ago #238996

• Topic Author
  • deeplogica
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
HI.
I am not sure how to get this right - I have numerous pages and for each page I have a section. Under each section I have numerous questions. When I save the form, I need to save the name of the section, even if I can just pick it up from the form itself. Where is the section name being stored if not in the database? It must be stored somewhere! How can I pick up the section name for each question when its saved?

also, I have a drop down box on my form and when I submit the firm, I need to pick up the selected item from the drop down, but its not working.

this is the code
$this->execPieceByName('ff_InitLib'); //Include BreezingForms Library
$db = JFactory::getDBO();//Get Database Object
$user = JFactory::getUser();//Get user Object

****** If I use this then it the insert fails because its not picking anything up from the dropdown
$zzzz = ff_getSubmit('db_project');

******* When I hard code, then the insert works fine
$project_id =1;

//Create your own query
$db->setQuery("insert into active_project (project_id, user_id ) values(" .$project_id ."," .$user->id ." )" ) ;
$db->execute();

thanks

Find section name programatically 7 months 3 days ago #239007

• mihaela
  • Developer
  • Developer
Hello,

I understand how you want this to work and I have looked at the database, but I am really not sure where are the section names stored.

As for the code to get the 'db_project', you seem to have set everything properly.

So, when you put this code:
$db->setQuery("insert into active_project (project_id, user_id ) values(" .$zzzz ."," .$user->id ." )" ) ;
it is not working?

Can you please send me how you have defined the select list element named 'db_project' so I can see whether it is set properly?

Regards,

Mihaela

Find section name programatically 7 months 3 days ago #239008

• Topic Author
  • deeplogica
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
Hi Mihaela
I resolved the one issue - I was putting the code in the after form instead of the after submit - so get_submit code works now

This just leaves the issue of picking up the section name. it has to be stored somewhere, or else it wouldnt be persistent.

thanks

• Page:
Moderators: ForumSupport
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds

BreezingForms Pro 1.4.7 for WordPress Released!

Available in the membership section.

Summer Sale!

Massive discounts on all subscriptions!

Get Your Subscription Here

Quick Links

Downloads

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Templates

Documentation

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Apprendre BreezingForms (French Community)

Apprendre et maîtriser BreezingForms par des tutoriels et exemples, le tout en français

breezingforms.eddy-vh.com

Questions et réponses sur les forums de l'AFUJ

AFUJ

Special Offer

Summer Sale! All subscriptions at a special price!

Includes prio support, all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions and Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership.

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!