BF : count form records, Element value (based on Value)

• Gilles361
  • Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5

Gilles361 replied the topic: BF : count form records, Element value (based on Value)

Hi Mihaela,

I'd like to find a similar way as "NB records limit".

1/ I've an element "Formation" with 2 radio choices : "Debutant" and "Confirmed" value.

2) I would like to count the number of "Debutant" and "Confirmed"
In two hidden elements.
Using a PHP cmd line, similar to record count, see my trial (but error) :
<?php $db = JFactory::getDBO();
$db-> setQuery("Select count(id) From #__facileforms_subrecords Where value=Debutant and name=Formation");
return $db->loadResult(); ?>

Record count (OK):
$db->setQuery('Select Count(*) From #__facileforms_records Where name="FormName"');
return $db->loadResult()+1; ?>

3) Then I will compare these values with 2 hidden "Limit Elements"

My PHP db search report error 1035!
Thanks for helping
Gil
  • Gilles361
  • Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

Gilles361 replied the topic: BF : count form records, Element value (based on Value)

Hi Mihaela,
I've found solution based on one of your answer, 1 year and 4 month ago : "Number of specific values in form".

I've create a hidden element with a PHP script as value:
$db->setQuery('Select Count(*) From #__facileforms_subrecords Where name="Formation" and value="Débutant"');

Should I use Select Count(*) or Select Count(id)?

Thanks, Gil
  • Gilles361
  • Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

Hi,
PHP value search for exact value "Debutant", "Debutant & Confirme"
Is it possible to search for string in a record Element value?
(ex : "Deb" in "Debutant" would match 1)

Thks, Gil
  • Thank you received: 369

mihaela replied the topic: BF : count form records, Element value (based on Value)

Hello,

I will ask just to check. So far you have managed to get the count of records where "Debutant" was chosen in that radio group and also for "Debutant & Confirme". Is that right?

Regarding your last question, it is possible to do so.

You would have to use a LIKE operator in the database query. Here is a link www.w3schools.com/sql/sql_like.asp regarding that.

In your case, it would look like:
$db->setQuery('Select Count(*) From #__facileforms_subrecords Where name="Formation" and value LIKE "%Deb%"');

Let me know whether this is working as you wanted.

Regards,

Mihaela
  • Gilles361
  • Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

Hi

Yes job done...
I've used value below to count "Débutant": ... LIKE "%Début%" ... will count "Débutant" element records.

$db->setQuery('Select Count(*) From #__facileforms_subrecords Where name="Formation" and value LIKE "%Début%"');

Thks, Gil
  • Thank you received: 369

mihaela replied the topic: BF : count form records, Element value (based on Value)

Great!

I'm glad that it worked for you.

Regards,

Mihaela
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds

New Icon Packs Category!

Crosstec is now offering icon packs.

If you are a paying subscriber, icon packs are automatically added to your account.

Check out our icon packs page!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Summer Sale!

50% discount on all of our extension subscription plans, templates and icon packs!

Get Your Subscription Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99 for just 49! (Summer Sale)

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here