Passing data from form to PayPal checkout

• justgonz
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

justgonz created the topic: Passing data from form to PayPal checkout

Hi Crosstec!

I have read a several post regarding this topic but for the life of me cannot get it to work, so I am starting another topic on this.

I have a few forms, of which I am attempting to pass the data along from those fields to the PayPal checkout process.

The built in information that is available (such as price, item ID) pass along with the inherit system, but I need the data entered from the user passed along also: Name, Age, Week, Time, etc.., so that when the purchase is complete, the school receives complete information on the student.

*Please note that I am using 2 pages in each form (not sure if this is where my issue is coming from), so that I can include a Terms & Conditions.

The package is included here, of which I have included 2 scenarios:

1. summerCamp_Short:

Page 1 - Collecting the following information:
  • Student Name
  • Student Age
  • Contact Phone Number
  • Week
  • Time

Page 2 - Terms & Conditions:
  • Display Terms & Conditions
  • Checkbox to agree to said Terms...
  • PayPal button

I just need all of the information from Page 1 to show up in PayPal during check out. Currently I just get the hardcoded info from the form properties: Price and Item ID. Price for all options here are the same so I hardcoded the price using the form properties.

In the next scenario I need to compile more information from the form...

summerCamp_ShortCamp:

Page 1 - Collecting the following information:
  • Student Name (text field)
  • Student Age (text field)
  • Phone Number (text field)
  • Select Week (dropdown)
  • Select # of Days (dropdown)
  • Select Days of the Week (checkboxes... not completely necessary, but would love to validate the number boxes checked here to the number of days chosen from the above dropdown - Select # of Days)
  • Select Time

Page 2 - Terms & Conditions:
  • Display Terms & Conditions
  • Checkbox to agree to said Terms...
  • PayPal button

Thank you so very much for your time and attention to this!

-j.

File Attachment:

File Name: Packages.zip
File Size:34 KB
Attachments:
  • Thank you received: 333

mihaela replied the topic: Passing data from form to PayPal checkout

Hello,

Unfortunately, what you want to do isn't achievable with BreezingForms.

The only information that can be passed from the form to PayPal is the following:
Item description(name) | Item number | Item total | Tax

If you have other questions, feel free to ask.

Regards,

Mihaela
  • justgonz
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

justgonz replied the topic: Passing data from form to PayPal checkout

Thank you for the reply.

Is it possible with everything on one page?

I have read several other threads about passing information along to PayPal, seemingly with success, using ActionScripts. I just curious as to how this differs.

https://crosstec.org/en/forums/51-breezingforms-for-wordpress/116033-calculate-fields-and-pass-them-to-paypal.html?start=12

Thank you very much.

It doesn't depend on how many pages you have.

In the link that you have provided, the only information which was passed to BreezingForms was the total.

As I wrote, the following information can be sent from the form to PayPal:
Item description(name) | Item number | Item total | Tax

You can pass some information from the form as Item Name, but that is not an elegant solution and I'm not sure whether you want it to work that way.

Here crosstec.org/en/support/online-documenta...l-donation-form.html it is explained how to pass data which was entered in "Donation Amount" filed as total value.

That is what was done in the link you've sent me.

I hope that this helps.

Regards,

Mihaela
  • justgonz
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

justgonz replied the topic: Passing data from form to PayPal checkout

Ok. Thank you very much.

I'm glad to help.

Regards,

Mihaela
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds

New Icon Packs Category!

Crosstec is now offering icon packs.

If you are a paying subscriber, icon packs are automatically added to your account.

Check out our icon packs page!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Summer Sale!

50% discount on all of our extension subscription plans, templates and icon packs!

Get Your Subscription Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99 for just 49! (Summer Sale)

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here