Admin email - Reply-to: submitter email value

• Tony.Chan@ventura.org
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Tony.Chan@ventura.org created the topic: Admin email - Reply-to: submitter email value

Trying to get the Admin e-mail to come from the email address that the submitter entered in the form.
On the form, there is a email field entered by the user (field name: email) and also a Name field entered by the user (field name: name). On the email element, I have checked the Mailback as Sender checkbox in advanced options.
In the admin email settings, I have added:
Alternative Reply-To Email: {email}
Alternative From Name: {name}

The name element shows up correctly in the admin email but the email address still shows as the email set in the Global Joomla configuration. Would like it to show as the user submitted email so that the admins can just hit reply and the reply will go back to the user submitted email.

I have looked at:
crosstec.org/en/support/online-documenta...r-email-address.html

Do we need to edit the helpers.php file to make this work ?
We are using: BreezingForms 1.9.0 Stable (build 926)
  • Eddy.vh
  • Away
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 26

Eddy.vh replied the topic: Admin email - Reply-to: submitter email value

the sender of the email is your site, so it is normal that the sender's address is that of the site. The response address is normally that of the user. Have you tried the reply option of your emailer?
  • mihaela
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 344

mihaela replied the topic: Admin email - Reply-to: submitter email value

Hello,

I will explain how this works.

The email address that you use as "Alternative Reply-To Email" will be set as the email address on which user will send the email response in case he clicks on reply.

Here crosstec.org/en/support/online-documenta...r-email-address.html is the explanation why emails are configured that way. Shortly, to avoid emails being recognized as spam.

Also, it is explained how to set that email you enter in "Alternative Reply-To Email" as senders email.
Therefore, if you wish that the email address of the user which is entered in the form is set as the email address of the sender you have to do a change in the code as suggested in the article.

The address when you click on a reply button in the admin email should be the address from the form without making this change, though.

Also, another solution that might work in your case is crosstec.org/en/support/online-documenta...n-i-change-that.html .

Let me know whether that resolves the issue.

Regards,

Mihaela
  • Tony.Chan@ventura.org
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Tony.Chan@ventura.org replied the topic: Admin email - Reply-to: submitter email value

I have been trying to use the shortcode {email} but it doesn't work. I think that I need to change the helpers.php file to make the shortcode work.
Trying to make that change and then will retest.
Thanks
  • mihaela
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 344

mihaela replied the topic: Admin email - Reply-to: submitter email value

Hello again,

Ok, let me know after you retest whether that made it work.

Best regards,

Mihaela
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds

New Icon Packs Category!

Crosstec is now offering icon packs.

If you are a paying subscriber, icon packs are automatically added to your account.

Check out our icon packs page!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Summer Sale!

50% discount on all of our extension subscription plans, templates and icon packs!

Get Your Subscription Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99 for just 49! (Summer Sale)

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here