PayPal submit issue on calculated PayPalSelect field

• LukeDouglas
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2

LukeDouglas replied the topic: PayPal submit issue on calculated PayPalSelect field

When I put error to 'Development' and click the create package submit button, it pops up a quick screen before redirecting to the 404 page but I can't capture it in time. So I recorded it and it displays this message but it doesn't look to be the issue to me.
Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home/alseedas/public_html/administrator/components/com_breezingforms/admin.breezingforms.php on line 744
BreezingForms - Create Package
  • LukeDouglas
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

LukeDouglas replied the topic: PayPal submit issue on calculated PayPalSelect field

One thing I wanted to make clear. When I followed the instructions on the PayPal Button Donation tutorial, I did NOT add the #2 field. Instead, I used the 'totalregistrationfee' field and name instead of donationAmount.

2. Now create a new element with the following properties. (Any fields not mentioned can be left blank.)

TYPE: Textfield

LABEL: Donation Amount (or whatever you want to call it)

NAME: donationAmount (Note: if you change this, it will affect other instructions below)

VALIDATION: Check the 'Required' checkbox

VALIDATION TYPE: Library

ERROR MESSAGE: Please enter your donation amount. (or whatever you want to say)

SCRIPT: FF: :ff_valuenotempty

Then click SAVE PROPERTIES.

• LukeDouglas
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Mihaela,

OK! I found the issue with why it wasn't submitting. In the Advanced tab of the PayPal Button, I did NOT have the action Click checked. Now that I have done that it does submit and redirect to PayPal.

2 issues.

1st I do NOT receive the form via the email on the form nor the copy sent to the submitter.

2nd When the PayPal page loads, it only wants you to log in. There is NO option to pay via CC/DC instead of logging into PayPal. This will be problematic for those without a PayPal account.

Any suggestions?
  • LukeDouglas
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

I did manually change the 'Donation|0|' to 'Cart|0|' in the ActionScript and it did redirect to PayPal but, again, with only a PayPal login with no option to pay with CC/DC.

When I click the download on the amount while on the PayPal page, it shows:

Alabama Seedsman Association, Inc.
Cart $175.00 USD
Item #: 0
Less
Item total $175.00 USD
Total $175.00 USD

So I guess it recognizes it as a 'Cart' since it showed previously as 'Donation'.

Here is a screenshot showing what I get on the left side and what I need on the right side:

https://webbering.com/images/troubleshooting/alabamaseedassociation-paypal-checkout.jpg
  • Thank you received: 305

mihaela replied the topic: PayPal submit issue on calculated PayPalSelect field

Hello,

I'm glad that you have managed to detect that the "Click" checkbox wasn't checked which was causing PayPal not to work.

Regarding the message that appears when reporting is set to Development, that is rather a notice than an error message.
Here are instructions on how to fix that if you want to do so. Go to /home/alseedas/public_html/administrator/components/com_breezingforms/ and in admin.breezingforms.php file around line 744 replace this piece of code:
while (list($prop, $val) = each($_REQUEST))
     if (is_scalar($val) && substr($prop,0,9)=='ff_param_')
         $ff_request[$prop] = $val;
with this code:
foreach($_REQUEST as $prop => $val){
    if (is_scalar($val) && substr($prop,0,9)=='ff_param_')
        $ff_request[$prop] = $val;
}

As for changing the 'Donation|0|' to 'Cart|0|', What you put before the first "|" will be taken as item name. It has no relation with the type of payment. That is just the name that will be shown as in the decription of payment in PayPal.

You wrote "2nd When the PayPal page loads, it only wants you to log in. There is NO option to pay via CC/DC instead of logging into PayPal. This will be problematic for those without a PayPal account."

That is the way PayPal button works. Since this is a button to redirect to PayPal for payment, it is not supposed to offer other payment options.

Besides PayPal button, BreezingForms also offer "Stripe" button for payment. In your case, I think you like to have both so you need to add a Stripe button as well.

The Stripe button works exactly like the PayPal button, so you can follow the same isntructions in order to implement a donation form using Stripe as with PayPal.

Regarding the email, a "Mailback" checkbox needs to be checked in Advanced properties of the field in your form where the user enters his email. Also, you need to check "Email notification" checkbox in the Advanced properties of your form. Also, if you wish to send email notification on successful payment only, you need to check 'Email notifications on successful payment only' checkbox as well.

I hope this will help. Let me know whether you have managed to set it for your form.

Regards,

Mihaela
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99€

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here