Can I create a radio group with the last valua as a custom amount (input) field?

• Nico2
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Nico2 created the topic: Can I create a radio group with the last valua as a custom amount (input) field?

Hi,

I want to give my visitors a radio selection group, with a choice of predefined values and also the option to put in their own custom value.

Is there a way to get a radio group selection field with a last value for manual input? I want them combined to make sure the radio-selection dot is moved to custom if they add an value to the custom field. Some people first make a selection of a predefined value and later they decide to put an custom value in the text field of custom amount. In those cases I want to get the radio button removed by the predefined value and moved tot the custom amount selection.

Many thanks in advance,
Nico
  • Thank you received: 238

mihaela replied the topic: Can I create a radio group with the last valua as a custom amount (input) field?

Hello and Happy New Year,

Sorry for the late response, Crosstec Support staff was on collective holiday vacation, as noted in the forum.

You wrote "Is there a way to get a radio group selection field with a last value for manual input?". that could be done, but would require a custom solution since this is a not a native BreezingForms functionality.

Here is how you could make this work.
1) You could add a radio group option like this:
0;other;other

2) Then you would create an additional "Textfield" element that would be shown in case someone selects "other" option in the radio group element. If it is not selected it would stay hidden.
That you would manage with visibility rules as explained here crosstec.org/en/support/online-documenta...f-conditionally.html .

3) You should add an Actionscript code to the radio group so that if user first selects "other" and enters a value and later changes his mind that the "other" field's value is cleared.

Let me know whether this solution works for you and whether you've managed to make it work for your form.

If you have more questions, or need more instructions, feel free to ask.

Regards,

Mihaela
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99€

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here