TOPIC:

Use BreezingForms to build a simple quiz and display results? 2 years 10 months ago #228269

• Topic Author
  • Camphausen
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
Hi,
can I use BreezingForms to build a simple quiz and display results after pressing a submit button? I am thinking of approx. 10 questions using a 5-point Likert scale (0-5) for the answers. So the result would be something between 0 and 50. In addition, I would give an interpretation accordingly, and save the result. Is that too much asked?
Thanks so much for your help!
Christoph

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Use BreezingForms to build a simple quiz and display results? 2 years 10 months ago #228275

• mihaela
  • Developer
  • Developer
Hello,

Here is an explanation how to achieve this if you make the quiz with radio group elements which I assume is most appropriate for you since 5-point Likert scale is in question.

Define radio group elements like this:
0;Strongly disagree;5
0;Disagree;4
0;Neither agree nor disagree;3
0;Agree;2
0;Strongly agree;1
The numbers that you put after the last ";" in each line will be the points the user would get for that specific question, so adjust that for each question.

Then go to your forms Advanced options > More options > Scripts > Initialization Script. Set Type to Custom and paste in the following code:
function ff_formname_init()
{  setInterval(calc, 500);
} // ff_formname_init

function calc() {
 ff_getElementByName('total').value = Number(jQuery('[name="ff_nm_firstradiogroupname[]"]:checked').val()) + Number(jQuery('[name="ff_nm_secondradiogroupname[]"]:checked').val())+Number(jQuery('[name="ff_nm_thirdradiogroupname[]"]:checked').val()); }
NOTE: in this piece of code you have to replace formname with the Name of your form. Also, replace total with the Name of textfield where the sum is supposed to display. Finally, you have to list here every radio group element that you want to have added to the sum. In this example replace firstradiogroupname, secondradiogroupname and thirdradiogroupname.

Let me know if you have managed to set this for your form.
If you have more questions, feel free to ask.

Regards,

Mihaela
The following user(s) said Thank You: celestial, rarroso

Use BreezingForms to build a simple quiz and display results? 8 months 4 weeks ago #244951

• rarroso
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
Hello Mihaela.

It´s a gorgeous help and works fine. But i want a liiittle more help, if u can.

I want the results show after i send the form, in a second page named RESULTS. Actually shows at the time i select the bullets.

it can be possible?

Thank you again
Attachments:

Use BreezingForms to build a simple quiz and display results? 8 months 4 weeks ago #244955

• tihana.krivic
  • Away
Hi,

if you want to show total on another page just add textfield on another page and after you submit the form, total will be displayed in page.

Let me know if you need more help

Regards,
Tihana

Use BreezingForms to build a simple quiz and display results? 1 month 4 days ago #255640

• StunStatus
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
Hi

Just wondering if there is a way to add textfield answers or select from a list options to the quiz. I kept the element names the same but I changed to the list but it didn't return any value once selected.

Also, how do I make it say something other than 'NaN' when input the values haven't been selected yet?

Lastly, is there a way for me to keep track & display the points per user?

Thanks so much for your help.

Use BreezingForms to build a simple quiz and display results? 1 month 4 days ago #255641

• rarroso
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
Hi again Tihana

I did this but the total don´t show on another page. If i put textfield in page 1, before send the results, i see it, but if i put textfiel in page 2, after send the results, i didn´t see anything.

can you help me?

Last edit: Post by rarroso.
Moderators: ForumSupport
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds

BreezingForms Pro 1.4.7 for WordPress Released!

Available in the membership section.

September Discount!

Massive discounts on all subscriptions!

Get Your Subscription Here

Quick Links

Downloads

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Templates

Documentation

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Apprendre BreezingForms (French Community)

Apprendre et maîtriser BreezingForms par des tutoriels et exemples, le tout en français

breezingforms.eddy-vh.com

Questions et réponses sur les forums de l'AFUJ

AFUJ

Special Offer

Summer Sale! All subscriptions at a special price!

Includes prio support, all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions and Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership.

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!