TOPIC:

Javascript conflict with my template 12 years 7 months ago #11675

• Topic Author
  • mksmedia
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
Hi theMuffinMan, first of all, thank you for all your help so far.

The issue I am currently having is between my template and the form with Javascript-Jquery : I use Morph from JoomlaJunkie which loads Jquery for other things and works fine with everything else such as my search module which also uses javascript.

The problem is when I go to a page with my BF for trip booking, the form's tooltip doesn't work and also breaks my search module. I checked with JoomlaJunkie and they said that the form is also loading Jquery and causing this issue.

He suggested if I could find a way to disable it for the form and everything should be fine but I am not sure where to do that.

If I was to disable it in the form, will the form still function correctly with the tooltip feature?

Here is the link with the form for troubleshooting: dev.sunholidaytours.com/trips/spain/inde...le-3-night-extension ( it is currently offline but I had provided you with a login)

If you would like it sent again, please let me know. I hope you can help with this. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Javascript conflict with my template 12 years 7 months ago #11677

• TheMuffinMan
  • Developer
  • Developer
Hi!

Do these guys use the jquery non-conflict mode? If not then that's the issue.
JQuery is usually not conflicting with itself.

Re:Javascript conflict with my template 12 years 7 months ago #11708

• Lio
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
I faced with a similar issue with one of Joomlart templates. The scripts conflict cause the main dropdown menu stop working for currently active menu item. This issue is reproduced only in Internet Explorer 7. Other browsers have an JS errors in their logs but menu seems to be working as usual.

After some time spent on experiments I found a workaround. I discovered that JS errors exist only when I use the form as a menu item. When I insert the form into any article through the BreezingForms plugin the page with article and the form in it loaded without any JS errors.

Re:Javascript conflict with my template 12 years 2 months ago #14267

• bristweb
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
Lio wrote:

When I insert the form into any article through the BreezingForms plugin the page with article and the form in it loaded without any JS errors.

thanks for sharing. when the plugin is set to create the form in an iframe the compatibility issue goes away. however showing the form in an iframe isn't ideal for many other reasons...

@crosstec
is it possible to disable the import of the jquery.min.js from the administrator (without hacking the component)?

Last edit: Post by bristweb.

Re:Javascript conflict with my template 12 years 2 months ago #14323

• TheMuffinMan
  • Developer
  • Developer
Hi,

BF is using the non-conflict mode, and since version 1.7.1 this version should be gone for most cases.

If I am wrong, please let me know and I'll go deeper into that case.

Regards,
Markus

Re:Javascript conflict with my template 12 years 2 months ago #14324

• bristweb
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
actually using version 1.7.2. there is still a javascript conflict. i am using the superfish dropdown menu module which also uses jquery and this breaks the page whether i set superfish to use no-conflict mode or not. the only way i can get the form to operate correctly is through the plugin iframe... however that creates a different set of challenges.

it would be great if the jquery include could be disabled through the admin interface.

Moderators: ForumSupport
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds

BreezingForms Pro 1.4.7 for WordPress Released!

Available in the membership section.

September Discount!

Massive discounts on all subscriptions!

Get Your Subscription Here

Quick Links

Downloads

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Templates

Documentation

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Apprendre BreezingForms (French Community)

Apprendre et maîtriser BreezingForms par des tutoriels et exemples, le tout en français

breezingforms.eddy-vh.com

Questions et réponses sur les forums de l'AFUJ

AFUJ

Special Offer

Summer Sale! All subscriptions at a special price!

Includes prio support, all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions and Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership.

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!