TOPIC:

Re: JoomFish not listing all form elements 10 years 5 months ago #18808

• PereCadena
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
This is NOT SO GREATt and to me very unethical solution.

When I purchased license I relied int he fact that you were giving support for Joomfish!, waiting for Nooku is an unrealistic option, is more like an excuse to stop supporting joomfish as nobody knows when the Nooku translation framework will be public, even then it will take some good time to make it 100% compatible with current components.

AND THE SOLUTION of creating parallel forms for each language is against the nature of Joomla! and Joomfish! IF I have the same form in 5 different languages it means each time I introduce a change to that form I have to do it 5 times!

Let me express my disappointment on your developing and support strategy! Breezing forms is amazing component I recommended many times to my colleagues, now I have some doubts this is the path to follow anymore...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: JoomFish not listing all form elements 9 years 2 months ago #64255

• Richper
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
After over a year learning Joomla I built a website based mainly on Breezingforms forms, it has been a pleasure creating forms for every imaginable need, and without being a coder. It is a great extension, and what I have to say won't change this belief.
But I must say that after reading at least three threads related to Joomfish and Breezingforms I am very disappointed. Joomfish is an extension that is extensively used for multilanguage sites, something not unusual in this globalised Internet. And to have an extension that can't be integrated with Joomfish is a backtrack for many a developer. But worst is to suggest is to have 5 or more different "Contact Us" menu items in your frontpage menu module instead of only one "Contact Us" item that gets flipped every time someone clicks on the language flag. I can't do that. My website users/clients/members would be laughing at me from here to Timbuktu, and all the islands in between. I suggest the developers find a rational solution, because this is quite absurd.
Don't pull Breezingforms down, it's a great extension.

Re: JoomFish not listing all form elements 9 years 2 months ago #64257

• TheMuffinMan
  • Developer
  • Developer
Hi,

Are you refering to joomla 1.5 and the Fish? However, I don't get the flipping part. Joomla as of version 1.7 is doing almost the same and even worse, menu items need to be copied for each language. For bf it's enough to translate the one menu item, giving the right form reference.

Good news for you might be that we incorporate the latest fish version in the next bf version.

Regards,
Markus

Re: JoomFish not listing all form elements 9 years 2 months ago #64274

• Richper
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
What I mean by flipping is clicking on a language flag at the top of a page and getting to an equal page in the selected language, not clicking on a menu item that takes you to another form (in another language) with another table in the database. Joomla 1.5

As you can see in arriendoenchile.cl in the Contact Us form I have had to use a method that is awkward but at least I don't have to have 5 equivalent menu items in different languages and 5 database tables, for the same thing. As I'm not "fluent" in german, portuguese or french I hope people will write to me in spanish or english.

Moderators: ForumSupport
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds

BreezingForms Pro 1.4.7 for WordPress Released!

Available in the membership section.

September Discount!

Massive discounts on all subscriptions!

Get Your Subscription Here

Quick Links

Downloads

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Templates

Documentation

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Apprendre BreezingForms (French Community)

Apprendre et maîtriser BreezingForms par des tutoriels et exemples, le tout en français

breezingforms.eddy-vh.com

Questions et réponses sur les forums de l'AFUJ

AFUJ

Special Offer

Summer Sale! All subscriptions at a special price!

Includes prio support, all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions and Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership.

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!