TOPIC:

Displaying only some languages on different forms 3 weeks 1 day ago #245398

• Topic Author
  • sprockt012
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
Hello,

I have three forms that I'm using on my Joomla site. I have four languages installed and working. I have a Language Switcher module enabled on the menu items for my forms.

I would like all four language options to be available for only ONE of my forms.

Is there a way to turn off the Chinese and Vietnamese versions for two forms and just have English and Spanish?

Ideally form 1 should show the flags for English, Spanish, Vietnamese and Chinese and choosing the flag would show the correct language that I've input to my forms using the appropriate tabs on the back-end.

Forms 2 and 3 should show the flags for English and Spanish and choosing the flag would show the correct language that I've input to my forms using the appropriate tabs on the back-end. I did not enter info on to the Chinese or Vietnamese tabs for these forms.

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Displaying only some languages on different forms 3 weeks 1 day ago #245409

• TheMuffinMan
  • Developer
  • Developer
Hi,

you basically just need to translate the form element labels and validation error messages that you have (there is more, but that's usually the bare minimum).

Untranslated items will fall back to the default language (which is english I assume).

So yes, you can basically only translate a subset of the language you provide but you don't have to translate everything.

What I mean is, if you have your languages correctly setup, in the form editor, in the top left, you have language buttons for all your languages.

As soon as you click on one of them, you are in the translation mode for that language. All translatable items will be displayed in the settings underneath the default and you can translate them.

You do NOT need to copy forms and translate each separately. That way you can keep it all contained in one form.

Regards,
Markus

Displaying only some languages on different forms 3 weeks 5 hours ago #245545

• Topic Author
  • sprockt012
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
Thank you for this info and I do have one more question on the language packs.

Within Joomla I have all the languages I need enabled and I've updated my forms to include the translation. All is working well for English-US, Spanish and Vietnamese.

The Chinese Simplified, however, is not showing up in my breezing forms front end. In the backend I've entered the translations and see the Chinese characters but on the front end, I only get English. I do have the correct characters in the translation fields.

I have also verified that Joomla displays Chinese characters in other front end areas such as my menu items and login module. This issue of my pages not displaying Chinese characters on the front end of the form seems isolated to BreezingForms.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Brenna

Displaying only some languages on different forms 2 weeks 6 days ago #245555

• TheMuffinMan
  • Developer
  • Developer
Hi,

it should be a setup issue because I just tried it and in principle it works:

Can you please try opening the form with a "&lang=zh" parameter attached to the url for testing?

Like this

https://YOURDOAMIN/index.php?option=com_breezingforms&ff_name=FORMNAME&lang=zh

Where FORMNAME is the name (not title) of the form.

Maybe it is the lang tag being different or something like this.

Regards,
Markus
Attachments:

Displaying only some languages on different forms 2 weeks 6 days ago #245568

• Topic Author
  • sprockt012
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
Hi Markus,

Upon picking back up I can see that it's working today without any issue. I didn't even have to put the language suffix on the URL.

What's also strange is none of the Chinese translation I input last night was saved except for one field. I am certain I saved properties in the form after each input and saved via the top menu. In any case all looks good today!

Thank you!
Brenna

• Page:
Moderators: ForumSupport
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds

BreezingForms Pro 1.4.7 for WordPress Released!

Available in the membership section.

Summer Sale!

Massive discounts on all subscriptions!

Get Your Subscription Here

Quick Links

Downloads

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Templates

Documentation

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Apprendre BreezingForms (French Community)

Apprendre et maîtriser BreezingForms par des tutoriels et exemples, le tout en français

breezingforms.eddy-vh.com

Questions et réponses sur les forums de l'AFUJ

AFUJ

Special Offer

Summer Sale! All subscriptions at a special price!

Includes prio support, all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions and Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership.

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!