Record ID in Email Subject

• Thank you received: 0

rexbarkdoll replied the topic: Record ID in Email Subject

Hi Tome,
That's exactly what I'm looking for, but when I put {BF_RECORD_ID:value} or just {BF_RECORD_ID} into the Custom Email Subject field of the Admin Email, it doesn't convert to the record number like it does when I put it in the body of the email.

is there any way we can get a feature request created to allow {BF_RECORD_ID:value} to also be rendered in the Custom Email Subject field?
  • Thank you received: 315

mihaela replied the topic: Record ID in Email Subject

Hello,

You are right, the {BF_RECORD_ID:value} or just {BF_RECORD_ID} shortcode will work only in email body.

To use the record id as email subject please take a look at this solution crosstec.org/en/forums/15-usage/94994-re...subject.html?start=0 .

Let me know whether it works for you.

Regards,

Mihaela

LaurieM replied the topic: Record ID in Email Subject

Hi there!

I need a field in a form for a client id number. This number should appear as part of the admin email notification subject. Is this possible?

If so, I'll need:
* The php code to put in the Hidden Input value
* Name for the Hidden Input field
* Text to put in the Alternative Email Subject
given that the client id field will be called client_id

Thanks,
Laurie.
  • Thank you received: 530

MarioPuco replied the topic: Record ID in Email Subject

Hi,

Create a "Hidden input" filed in your form and in the Properties of that element in the Value field put the following code:
<?php $db = JFactory::getDBO(); $db-> setQuery("Select count(id) From #__facileforms_records Where form = 38"); return $db->loadResult()+1;?>

NOTE: In the code replace 38 with the ID of your form

This way you will fill the hidden field with the record id which you can later use as a email subject.

Regards,
Mario

Satisfied with our Support ?
PayPal Tip
===============================================
Need to renew Pro Support?
Buy Here!
Satisfied?
Consider a membership!
Like us on Facebook

LaurieM replied the topic: Record ID in Email Subject

Hi Mario! Thanks for the quick response.

I've already successfully done what you suggest, having gained the info from this and another post.

However, what I need is a visible field where a client id will be typed in. It will be a permit number (kind of thing) issued by the government.

I'm hoping that some editing of the PHP code will do the job. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Laurie.
  • Thank you received: 530

MarioPuco replied the topic: Record ID in Email Subject

Hey there,

However, what I need is a visible field where a client id will be typed in. It will be a permit number (kind of thing) issued by the government.

How would this be different form a regular textfield ? Do you mean it will be populated from the DB so the current user can see it ?

Regards,
Mario

Satisfied with our Support ?
PayPal Tip
Need to renew Pro Support?
Buy Here!
Satisfied?
Consider a membership!
Like us on Facebook
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds

Summer Sale!

50% discount on all of our extension subscription plans & templates!

Get Your Subscription Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99 for just 49! (Summer Sale)

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here