Saving Information in DB on each MultiPage Step?

• Thank you received: 0

JIMINY replied the topic: Re: Saving Information in DB on each MultiPage Step?

hello

i use joomla 2.5.4
with breezing forms 1.7.5 Stable (build 761)

i hope it can helps

thanks
  • djhargrove
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Official Support
  • Thank you received: 222

djhargrove replied the topic: Re: Saving Information in DB on each MultiPage Step?

yes that should be all to make it work. i tested it out on my website.

JIMINY replied the topic: Re: Saving Information in DB on each MultiPage Step?

But ther is no script with the line ff_submitForm(); ??
like the other scripts given like FF:: ?

When i create the button, nothing happen on click and i think it's normal cause ff_submitForm(); is not linked to anything no?

In fact, i'm french and my english is poor... i didn't understand this sentence :
This will submit the form and turn off all validations. While the regular saving button will fire the validations.

Can you explain? What is the regular saving button ?...

thanks

firstfolio replied the topic: Re: Saving Information in DB on each MultiPage Step?

HI,

I too want to have a save button and a submit button for my multi-page forms. While trying to make a save button, I used your instructions but no button is appearing in my form. The code created by the Create code framework button in the Scripts tab doesn't give me any code with "case 'click':" so maybe I'm doing this in the wrong place.

I'm not a programmer but would like a simple instruction as to how to create this save button.

Any ideas?

Neil Pollard
  • Thank you received: 11

totallnet replied the topic: Re: Saving Information in DB on each MultiPage Step?

Hi Neil Pollard

Maybe ff_validate_nextpage will work for you..
Its in ADVANCED tab of your field ACTIONSCRIPT
Try it..

Kazuo

Kazuo
Level I support
Official Breezing Forms Support
===============================================
Satisfied? Consider a membership!
Follow us on Twitter

firstfolio replied the topic: Re: Saving Information in DB on each MultiPage Step?

Thanks for coming back so soon. That didn't work I'm afraid. I have now got my custom button appearing on my form to save rather than submit. Users log in and the forms are set to editable. However, the save button still sends a confirmation email with the form details. What my client needs is for forms to be submitted only when they are complete. At the moment they are submitted via email from the save button as well as the submit button. Below are the instructions I have followed so far.

"The answer to your question is located here:

Hi,

in the breezingforms' menu item, there is an option "user editable forms". If you enable it, it will make it possible to continue unfinished forms. This will only work with users that are logged in.

For the "fill in and come back later" requirement, you need to add a custom submit button, to

advanced => more options => action => check "custom" => check "click" => click "create code framework"

Inside the generated function, right after "case 'click':", add this

ff_submitForm();

This still sends an email with the form contents. How do I stop it sending an email from the save button?

Many thanks,

Neil
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99€

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here