TOPIC:

stop duplicate entries to a competition form 9 years 8 months ago #67169

• Topic Author
  • nimble
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
Hi there

I have a form that people supply some details and in return are entered into our competition. I need to stop duplicate entries with the same email addresss. I understand this would be possible if the user was registered to the joomla site because then they could be sent to edit their previous entry. Unfortunately i cant force entries to register with the site. Is there a way that the form can validate that that an email address doesn't already exist in the database.

Thanks very much for any help or advice

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: stop duplicate entries to a competition form 9 years 8 months ago #67237

• TheMuffinMan
  • Developer
  • Developer
Hi,

please unzip the file attached and install the form package in BF => Configuration => Package Installer.

After that go to "manage forms" and select the appropriate package from the top select list.

Then you can see a form stub created for this purpose and build your form around it. Please leave all scripts and pieces and the fieldname "email" intact.

Regards,
Markus
Attachments:

Re: stop duplicate entries to a competition form 9 years 8 months ago #67283

• Topic Author
  • nimble
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
Legend........ Muffinman. Thank you . I assume you are part of the Crosstec team?
I have only recently started using your component and am highly impressed. Will be sure to leave a review.

Thanks heaps

Re: stop duplicate entries to a competition form 9 years 8 months ago #67286

• Topic Author
  • nimble
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
Hey Muffinman

Is it possible for me to use this ajax script in classic mode?
I tried to use quick mode but find i cant control the layout as well. Is there a way to fully contol layout in quick mode
Thanks again

Re: stop duplicate entries to a competition form 9 years 8 months ago #67287

• Topic Author
  • nimble
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
Hey Muffinman. am going crazy try to solve what seem like they should be simple issues. Your duplicate email script is fantastic in quick mode and after mucking around a little i am getting the form looking good.

If i could get this duplicate email in classic mode somehow this wouldn't be a problem? But perhaps i am just missing something in quickmode to achieve the following
This has been driving me crazy for over 12 hours now!! I need a check box group that needs to write the individual values of each check box to the database.

For example
(label)do you have?
cat
dog
horse

Group settings
0;cat;yes
0;dog;yes
0;horse;yes

I need the list view to have a column for cat dog & horse. with the value being yes or no(or just blank for no).

When I to do this with seperate check box fields wrapped instead of the checkbox group they all have margins and padding that make them not look like they are part of the same group? Am i missing an easier way to achieve this???? I could probably fix this by creating a new them and editing the CSS but feels like there will be a more intuative way i am missing.
I have been through all the support docs and through the forum with no luck.

Thanks for your time!!

I also posted this checkbox question as a seperate post hopefully can help some one else too sometime

Hope this makes sense
Thanks so much

Last edit: Post by nimble.

Re: stop duplicate entries to a competition form 9 years 8 months ago #67400

• TheMuffinMan
  • Developer
  • Developer
Hi,

can you support me with a screenshot, please?

Generally it would be possible in ClassicMode, too but then jquery needs to be added as well (only available for quickmode by default). Will be quite work, so if you still need that, please let me know.

Regards,
Markus

Moderators: ForumSupport
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds

BreezingForms Pro 1.4.7 for WordPress Released!

Available in the membership section.

September Discount!

Massive discounts on all subscriptions!

Get Your Subscription Here

Quick Links

Downloads

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Templates

Documentation

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Apprendre BreezingForms (French Community)

Apprendre et maîtriser BreezingForms par des tutoriels et exemples, le tout en français

breezingforms.eddy-vh.com

Questions et réponses sur les forums de l'AFUJ

AFUJ

Special Offer

Summer Sale! All subscriptions at a special price!

Includes prio support, all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions and Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership.

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!