TOPIC:

Upload files on external server 8 years 11 months ago #64332

• Topic Author
  • guder88
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
Hey,

i got following problem. I have a form, where people can upload files with flash uploader. My question is. Is it possible that breezing forms upload the files on a different server (fileserver) ? Because the uploaded files shouldn't be on the same server where the website is hosted.

How can i solve this problem.... many many many many thanks for help

Best wishes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Upload files on external server 8 years 11 months ago #64343

• TheMuffinMan
  • Developer
  • Developer
Hi,

that's possible with coding in an end submit piece and probably using PHP's CURL module. This module must be installed for (compiled into) PHP. Please let me know if it is, then we can do some research about this.

Regards,
Markus
The following user(s) said Thank You: MichaelTM

Re: Upload files on external server 4 weeks 2 days ago #250167

• MichaelTM
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
Hi there,

very sorry for picking up on a really old thread. I have tried and abandoned several other CCKs which all seem to be limited in uploading files to an external server. I can understand from other CCKs there are a lot of server and provider specific circumstances so I am well aware this is most probably not a quickfix working on any sever.

My motivation is to have fast secure webspace for the page while making use of cheap local server for storing numerous user uploads with files from 10 to 100MB.

Markus you seem to have the clue about on how to route it. Have you ever since had a case where users could upload files to a directory on an external web server?
Elaborating what would be the neceessary setup for it to work would help a lot.

I have tried many different CCKs and Crosstec has really nailed it. So powerful, flexible and still totally unobstrusive to the joomla core. Thank you so much.

• Page:
Moderators: ForumSupport
Time to create page: 0.045 seconds

BreezingForms Pro 1.4.7 for WordPress Released!

Available in the membership section.

September Discount!

Massive discounts on all subscriptions!

Get Your Subscription Here

Quick Links

Downloads

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Templates

Documentation

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Apprendre BreezingForms (French Community)

Apprendre et maîtriser BreezingForms par des tutoriels et exemples, le tout en français

breezingforms.eddy-vh.com

Questions et réponses sur les forums de l'AFUJ

AFUJ

Special Offer

Summer Sale! All subscriptions at a special price!

Includes prio support, all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions and Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership.

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!