TOPIC:

Re:Custom email notifications howto 12 years 4 months ago #8251

• markjones
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
Hi all,

Is there a why to have the results as an email atttachment, preferrably csv or txt.
I dont seem to get an XML attachment either... should there be one? (XML Attachement = All Values)

Can I also show the hidden input fields also

I am using an easy form.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by markjones.

Re:Custom email notifications howto 12 years 4 months ago #8963

• wrox52
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
Hi,

Can anyone explain the syntax for including form variables in an email body.

For example if you want to have the mailback email have a greeting like "Dear James", where James is the data of a field called FirstName.

I see this syntax in the example, but i don't know what the [4][4] signify; i have tried replacing these values with other values, but can't seem to get it to work.

<?=$MAILDATA[4][4] //sat_date ?>

I have recently made the transition from RSFormPro to BreezingForms, and this is the only functionality that i have not been able to discover in BreezingForms, that is common in RSFormPro using what they call Field Tags;

I just need to know how to include the data from an element on my form in the body of an email.

I have read this thread twice, and it still is not obvious.

Thanks for your help.

Re:Custom email notifications howto 12 years 4 months ago #8979

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi,

I can help you, just contact the support => support@crosstec.org

Re:Custom email notifications howto 12 years 3 months ago #9169

• PastorJohnLeger
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
I created a form for our church website and formatted the output email via the instructions above. I am testing the form and I receive two emails as expected, but strangely one is formatted properly and the other is using the default formatting.

Why would one be formatted and the other unformatted?

Before you look at my code, I am using Quick Mode and the Email Notification under More Options is set to custom. The correctly formatted email is going to this address. I am also using the Mailback feature in the form, which correctly sends and email to a recipient when their checkbox is selected. The REAL PROBLEM is the email they recieved is unformatted as you will see below my code.

How can I remedy this? (Sorry for the long post!)

My form is called ConnectionPartner.html.php. Here's my custom output code.
<?php
defined('_JEXEC') or die('Direct Access to this location is not allowed.');
?>

<div style="text-align:justify"><?=$MAILDATA[0][4] //Current Date ?><br/><br/>

<?=$MAILDATA[1][4] //Salutation ?> <?=$MAILDATA[2][4] //Recipient's Name ?>,<br/><br/>

<?=$MAILDATA[3][4] //Compliment Or Concern ?> <?=$MAILDATA[4][4] //Pre-Message ?> <?=$MAILDATA[5][4] //Absent Member 1 ?> <?=$MAILDATA[6][4] //Absent Member 2 ?> this week?<br/><br/>

<?=$MAILDATA[7][4] //Custom Message ?><br/><br/></div>

<div style="font-weight:bold; color:#FF0000; text-align:justify"><?=$MAILDATA[8][4] //Special Instructions ?></div><br/><br/>

<?=$MAILDATA[9][4] //Closing ?><br/>
<?=$MAILDATA[10][4] //Sender's Name ?>

And here's the correctly formatted output that get's sent to the Custom Email Notification address:

Thursday, September 24, 2009

To ALL My Connection Partners,

Thanks for your service! Would you be able to connect with Dale and Rachel this week?

This is where my custom message would go.

Please remember to take some time to pray and ask the LORD how you should connect this week. Try not to fall into a rut! Also remember that our Connection Partner ministry is meant to encourage our members, not condemn them. Be sure to let them know they were missed and are greatly loved. Of course if you have any questions, feel free to give me a call anytime at (000)000-0000.

AGAPE (unconditional love),
Pastor John

Here's the unformatted email that gets sent to the selected Mailback receipient:

Record saved to database with ID: 137

Form ID: 13
Form title: Connection Partner
Form name: ConnectionPartner
Submitted at: 2009-09-24 07:47:46
Submitter IP: 000.000.000.000 //I deleted this
User-ID: 62
Username: PastorJohnLeger
User full name: Pastor John Leger
Submitter provider: Unknown
Submitter browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; OfficeLiveConnector.1.3; OfficeLivePatch.0.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30618) Submitter operating system: win

Today's Date: Thursday, September 24, 2009
Greeting: To
Connection Partner: ALL My Connection Partners Compliment Or Concern: Thanks for your service!
Pre-Message: Would you be able to connect with Absent Member 1: Dale Absent Member 2: and Rachel
Instructions: Please remember to take some time to pray and ask the LORD how you should connect this week. Try not to fall into a rut! Also remember that our Connection Partner ministry is meant to encourage our members, not condemn them. Be sure to let them know they were missed and are greatly loved. Of course if you have any questions, feel free to give me a call anytime at (000)000-0000.
Closing: AGAPE (unconditional love),
Sender's Name: Pastor John
Email: abc@abc.com //Change for security
Telephone: (000)000-0000
Send A Copy Of This Email To Myself: 0;Checked;checked 1;Unchecked;unchecked
Email: cba@cba.com //Change for security

Thanks for any help!!!

Last edit: Post by PastorJohnLeger.

Re:Custom email notifications howto 12 years 3 months ago #9171

• PastorJohnLeger
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
Okay, I figured it out. Here's the solution in case you need it:

ADMIN EMAIL TEMPLATES

The "mailtpl.html.php" or "mailtpl.txt.php" located in /components/com_facileforms/mailtpl is the template that formats the Admin emails. If you want to have a custom email that goes to your Admin it must be named "FormName.html.php" or "FormName.txt.php". Note: the FormName is case sensitive!

MAILBACK EMAIL TEMPLATES

The "mailbacktmpl.html.php" or "mailbacktpl.txt.php" located in /components/com_facileforms/mailtpl is the template that formats the mailback recipient emails. If you want to have a custom email that goes to your mailback recipients it must be named "FormName_mailback.html.php" or "FormName_mailback.txt.php". Note: the FormName is case sensitive! If you try to use "FormName_mailbacktpl.html.php" or "FormName_mailbacktpl.txt.php" it won't work!!! Do not include the "tpl" in the file name for mailback templates.

Hope this helps!!!

Re:Custom email notifications howto 12 years 3 months ago #9466

• reweiseriii
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
I'm not sure where to even start on sending a custom email once the form has been submitted. My installation doesn't have the directory mentioned above. Some general info on how to make this happen would be greatly appreciated.

Moderators: ForumSupport
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds

BreezingForms Pro 1.4.7 for WordPress Released!

Available in the membership section.

September Discount!

Massive discounts on all subscriptions!

Get Your Subscription Here

Quick Links

Downloads

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Templates

Documentation

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Apprendre BreezingForms (French Community)

Apprendre et maîtriser BreezingForms par des tutoriels et exemples, le tout en français

breezingforms.eddy-vh.com

Questions et réponses sur les forums de l'AFUJ

AFUJ

Special Offer

Summer Sale! All subscriptions at a special price!

Includes prio support, all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions and Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership.

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!