TOPIC:

Asterisk and Wrap after Each Element [SOLVED] 4 weeks 1 day ago #259243

• Topic Author
  • thering1975
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
Hi

I have two small issues which i have tried working out but so far have beaten me.

Environment
Latest Joomla
Latest BF and plugins as of todays date
PHP - 7.4.18
Framework - Helix Ultimate
Template - None

All Forms Setup as follows:

Use Bootstrap 3 - Yes
Use Built In BS3 - NO
Class Prefix - None
Theme - Default

Okay so i have tried the various fixes for getting the Asterisk to show for items that are required but none of the ones i have found actually seem to work for Helix Ultimate.

The second issue is an odd one. All my forms are setup to use the following sections:

Type - Normal
Display Type - Wrap after each element

I like the single column approach for all the forms. Now all my elements and forms are setup this way. However i needed to add a new page to an existing form, and then moved a section into this new page as the last Page was a thank you page. So setup went from:

Page 1 - Section
Page 1 another Section
Page 2 - Thank you Page

After new Page Added
Page 1 - Section
Page 2 - Section
Page 3 - Thank you page

After adding this additional page in, the Wrap after each element is broken and each section is displaying as in line depending on page width. No amount of saves and resaving is working.

All other forms setup this way without an additional page being added are displaying correctly with a break after each row.

Any pointers would be great as otherwise i will just recreate all the forms from scratch.

I have setup an unlisted entry to this form as an example, details provided in the confidential section below

This message contains confidential information
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by thering1975.

Asterisk and Wrap after Each Element 4 weeks 1 day ago #259245

• tihana.krivic
Hi,

1) for asterisk could you please go to your form->Advanced->More options->Form pieces->Before form->check Custom and put:
echo '
<style>
.glyphicon-asterisk {
color: red;
}
</style>
';

2) this happend because row is shown in as a flex.
Please try to display in two columns like this:
crosstec.org/en/support/online-documenta...two-column-form.html

If you still have a problem with this, I will help to you

Regards,
Tihana

Asterisk and Wrap after Each Element 4 weeks 1 day ago #259246

• Topic Author
  • thering1975
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
Hi

I will try the asterisk now thanks

Reference the columns - the problem is it should be setup as a single column with an element per row i.e single column.

What is odd about this form is the only change was adding an additional page. Before adding this extra page it displayed as single column which is correct.

It should be noted all the other forms are setup the exact same way and display a single element per row i.e single column. They are assigned to the same Template version "form page" which has all the styling for the form. As such the forms should either all display like this or not, but only this one which has an extra page added displays like this.

If you see the attachment below, this is setup the same way as the form you tested assigned to the same helix template with custom ccs and displays correctly one element per row.

UPDATE

Tested the code for Asterisk and it still does not display see screen shot below, the red css appears on rhs but no asterisk

I think the issue with the Asterisk not displaying is Bootstrap dropped Glyphicons in the latest versions as such the Glyphicons wont display as they are not installed in the template folder

I have temporarily added this to custom css to import the now defunct glyphicons and the asterisk displays now until i can work out how to switch the icon to a FA icon or Bootstraps new icon set

@font-face{font-family:'Glyphicons Halflings';src:url('https://netdna.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/3.0.0/fonts/glyphicons-halflings-regular.eot');src:url('https://netdna.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/3.0.0/fonts/glyphicons-halflings-regular.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'),url('https://netdna.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/3.0.0/fonts/glyphicons-halflings-regular.woff') format('woff'),url('https://netdna.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/3.0.0/fonts/glyphicons-halflings-regular.ttf') format('truetype'),url('https://netdna.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/3.0.0/fonts/glyphicons-halflings-regular.svg#glyphicons-halflingsregular') format('svg');}.glyphicon{position:relative;top:1px;display:inline-block;font-family:'Glyphicons Halflings';font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;line-height:1;-webkit-font-smoothing:antialiased;}
.glyphicon-asterisk:before{content:"\2a";}
Attachments:

Asterisk and Wrap after Each Element 4 weeks 17 hours ago #259254

• tihana.krivic
Hi,

1) ah understand.

Please go to your form->Advanced->More options->Form pieces->Before form->check Custom and put this:
echo '
<style>
.row {
display: block;
}
</style>
';
After that you will have a single column per row

2) for asterisk I am not sure so I need to access to your page, and find a problem.

Regards,
Tihana

Asterisk and Wrap after Each Element [SOLVED] 4 weeks 15 hours ago #259271

• Topic Author
  • thering1975
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
Thanks for the response

That code did force the form back to a single column so thank you for that

Reference the asterisk as i mentioned now i have imported the icons, it is showing fine, issue is no Glyphicons will show by default in any templates utilising bootstrap 4 or above as they dropped glyphicons, so unless they are included in the template now as an extra or imported they will not show.

But as mentioned for now they are showing by utilising the import command

Asterisk and Wrap after Each Element [SOLVED] 4 weeks 15 hours ago #259276

• tihana.krivic
Hi,

super! As I can see on your site, everything is ok now :)

If you need anything else, feel free to ask

Regards,
Tihana

Moderators: ForumSupport
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds

BreezingForms Pro 1.4.7 for WordPress Released!

Available in the membership section.

September Discount!

Massive discounts on all subscriptions!

Get Your Subscription Here

Quick Links

Downloads

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Templates

Documentation

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Apprendre BreezingForms (French Community)

Apprendre et maîtriser BreezingForms par des tutoriels et exemples, le tout en français

breezingforms.eddy-vh.com

Questions et réponses sur les forums de l'AFUJ

AFUJ

Special Offer

Summer Sale! All subscriptions at a special price!

Includes prio support, all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions and Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership.

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!