TOPIC:

Error using Paypal donate form 2 weeks 3 days ago #245810

• Topic Author
  • cjcatalano
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
Hello,

I created a Paypal donate form modeled mostly after the example given in the documentation section of this website. I'm testing the form with a Paypal Sandbox account and am receiving 2 errors. The first error occurs when the form is submitted. This error will display briefly, but then the page will load the paypal login screen:

NOTICE: Undefined index: shipping in /home/wibccorg/public_html/components/com_breezingforms/facileforms.process.php on line 8575

Then after successfully entering the paypal account credentials and processing the payment the attempt to return to page 2 of the form (thank you page) results in this message:

An error occured, see the message below. If you think this is a mistake then contact the site administrator and provide him with your transaction id and the message below, please. Thank you!

Your transaction id: 8CH90933WH927993K

Error: Verification failed

Even though these errors are occuring the form record is being saved in Breezing Forms, the Paypal transaction is being recorded in both the merchant and buyer accounts with Paypal sandbox and the completion email is being sent.

Any ideas what could be causing these errors? I'm running the latest version of joomla and BreezingForms.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Error using Paypal donate form 2 weeks 3 days ago #245814

• TheMuffinMan
  • Developer
  • Developer
Hi,

how does your paypal button setup look like?
I mean the part where you populate the setup string like

Itemname|Itemnumber|Amount|Tax

The PayPal sandbox often (actually like almost always) fails with instant payment notifications, that's why the error shows up. Don't ask me why, but it also drives me crazy sometimes.

It can also fail if you are working on localhost because PayPal cannot reach your machine from outside.

If you've been setting up IPN correctly on the PayPal side, it should work in production without an error (if the payment went through, of course).

Regards,
Markus

Error using Paypal donate form 2 weeks 2 days ago #245869

• Topic Author
  • cjcatalano
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
I'm not using the typical paypal setup string. I'm using the validation script as provided in one of the tutorial articles:

function ff_PayPalButton_action(element, action)
{
switch (action)
{
case 'click': ff_getElementByName('bfPaymentSelect').value = 'Donation|0|' + ff_getElementByName('donationAmount').value + '|0';
ff_validate_submit();
break;
default:;
} // switch
} // ff_PayPalButton_action

Like I mentioned, the transaction seems to be processing correctly because I can see the notifications in the sandbox accounts (merchant and user). And this is not on a localhost.

Also what about the first error that occurs for a few seconds before the page redirects to paypal?

Thank You.

Error using Paypal donate form 2 weeks 2 days ago #245873

• TheMuffinMan
  • Developer
  • Developer
Hi,

that's why I was asking ;)Please add another |0 in the end and the warning should go away (this is the shipping flag, 1 means shipping, else no shipping. If set to 1, paypal will offer to enter a shipping address).
ff_getElementByName('bfPaymentSelect').value = 'Donation|0|' + ff_getElementByName('donationAmount').value + '|0|0';

I will release a new version soon that fixes the warning if the last is omitted as it is optional.

Regarding the error, I fear you need to test it once with paypal live because as I said, the IPN checks in the sandbox fails most of the times. It doesn't look like they have much interest maintaining the sandbox that well.

Regards,
Markus

Last edit: Post by TheMuffinMan.

Error using Paypal donate form 2 weeks 2 days ago #245880

• Topic Author
  • cjcatalano
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
Hello Markus,

Modifying the script as per your instructions solved the problem of the warning before the redirect to paypal. We just have the error on the return now. We will test with a live transaction and, as you indicated, hopefully it should be ok.

Thank You!

Error using Paypal donate form 2 weeks 2 days ago #245884

• TheMuffinMan
  • Developer
  • Developer
Let's knock on wood. We are here to assist anyway.

• Page:
Moderators: ForumSupport
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds

BreezingForms Pro 1.4.7 for WordPress Released!

Available in the membership section.

Summer Sale!

Massive discounts on all subscriptions!

Get Your Subscription Here

Quick Links

Downloads

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Templates

Documentation

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Apprendre BreezingForms (French Community)

Apprendre et maîtriser BreezingForms par des tutoriels et exemples, le tout en français

breezingforms.eddy-vh.com

Questions et réponses sur les forums de l'AFUJ

AFUJ

Special Offer

Summer Sale! All subscriptions at a special price!

Includes prio support, all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions and Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership.

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!