Read-Only After First Use

• reeg99
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

reeg99 created the topic: Read-Only After First Use

Hi
I'm newbie to BreezingForms and would like some guidance as to how best to achieve the following.

I wish to create a form that registered logged in users will be able to complete and save.
They then will be able to come back to it and update it later.
It may also be the case that backend Admin users update the form too.

When the form is created I want to populate some drop down lists based on a database table lookup using the logged on UserID as the query Key.

I've found example scripts etc that help with this. But what I'm struggling with is how to prevent the calculated (looked up) drop down list being recalculated if the form is being edited by an Administrator rather than the registered user who created the form.

I'm thinking I need to store the UserID in a field when the form is first created and saved but then becomes readonly after that. I can then use this field value in the lookup query, knowing that it won't change whomever is editing the form.

Am I thinking along the correct lines? If so how would I achieve this?

Or would an alternative approach be to have a different form in a back end view that only admin users would use to update the records and in this form make the fields i don't want to change read only (if its possible to have different forms to view the same records?)

Any help appreciated
  • Thank you received: 410

mihaela replied the topic: Read-Only After First Use

Hello,

BreezinForms does offer an option to allow user to edit an existing form.

Here is how you can set that. You can go to your Menu Item in the Add Form tab set Submission editable by user? to Yes.
Other than that, if you want that what the user changes the next time he enters the form overwrites what was entered before also set Remove existing submissions? to Yes.

Furthermore, to allow the admins to edit existing forms, you can do so using our free component ContentBuilder crosstec.org/en/downloads/contentbuilder-cck-for-joomla.html .

Here is a useful video tutorial
about how to set a ContentBuilder view. Here are the steps of view creation as well crosstec.org/en/support/online-documenta...f-view-creation.html .

Finally, here crosstec.org/en/support/online-documenta...rms-integration.html it is explained how to create a View based on a BreezingForms form.

In this case, you skip the part with setting a Data Storage, since you are using form data as data storage.

As for filling in dropdown based on ID, my suggestion would be to maybe check if something is already entered in ID field in the form(whidh you can set as hidden field) and then if it is check that ID equels to ID of one of the admins as a condition. And if it does not, then fill the field with user's ID and fill the dropdown.

Regards,

Mihaela
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds

New Icon Packs Category!

Crosstec is now offering icon packs.

If you are a paying subscriber, icon packs are automatically added to your account.

Check out our icon packs page!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Summer Sale!

50% discount on all of our extension subscription plans, templates and icon packs!

Get Your Subscription Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99 for just 49! (Summer Sale)

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here