TOPIC:

Forwarding user to a new url to complete page 2 of a form 7 months 3 weeks ago #238935

• Topic Author
  • jimmiewiddle
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
Hi, I have a page on my site displaying a form for submitting details to a company for work called "send us your resume" (page 2 of a breezingform).

I also have a field from this form (page 1 of a breezingform displayed in a breezingform module) on the homepage so users can upload their resumes there (on the homepage) and then id like users be forwarded to the the "send us your resume" page to complete their personal details (name etc).

I was hoping to use this crosstec.org/en/support/online-documenta...another-element.html to copy the file (resume) uploaded to page 2 of the form (on the new url) but I have no idea how to load page 2 of the form into a new url.

To clarify, I wanted a user to upload their resume on the homepage and be forwarded to a new url (/send-resume) to complete the rest of the form.

Id really appreciate your help many thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Forwarding user to a new url to complete page 2 of a form 7 months 1 week ago #239000

• Topic Author
  • jimmiewiddle
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
Id reeeaaally appreciate some assistance with this, if at all possible please?
Many thanks in advance!

Forwarding user to a new url to complete page 2 of a form 7 months 1 week ago #239032

• Topic Author
  • jimmiewiddle
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
Hi, So sorry to post again and I know it has been the holidays for most but has been almost 2 weeks since my initial post and id really really realllly appreciate some assistance please, many thanks in advance!

Forwarding user to a new url to complete page 2 of a form 7 months 1 week ago #239053

• mihaela
  • Developer
  • Developer
Hello,

I apologize for not answering sooner. We were on collective holidays for a period.

What you want to do can't be easily done.

Form values can easily be passed from page 1 of the form to page 2, but not if you redirect to a different URL in the meantime.

What you could do is create two separate forms. Then you can try passing the wanted value from the form 1 to the form 2 like explained here crosstec.org/en/forums/3-breezingforms-f...n-form-b.html#230572 .

Another thing that crosses my mind that you could do is you could add an option to save a multipage form on each step as explained here crosstec.org/en/blog/938-save-informatio...-multipage-step.html .

Then, if the second page of the form is published as a menu item you can in the Menu item in Add Form tab set "Submission editable by user?" to "Yes". That way, after submission, when the user enters the form again or is redirected to it, his data previously entered will be filled in.

For this, it is required that the user is logged in.

I hope this helps you or at least gives you some guidelines.

Regards,

Mihaela
The following user(s) said Thank You: jimmiewiddle

Forwarding user to a new url to complete page 2 of a form 7 months 1 week ago #239063

• Topic Author
  • jimmiewiddle
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
Hi Mihaela,

Many thanks for your reply and help! I hope you had a great holiday and happy new year!

As the user wont be logged in when completing the form/s ill go ahead and try the first technique you suggested, thanks again, I was just wondering if you forsee any issue being that the field I need passed from form 1 to 2 is of type "file".

Many thanks in advance!
Mark

Forwarding user to a new url to complete page 2 of a form 7 months 1 week ago #239067

• mihaela
  • Developer
  • Developer
Hello again,

Thank you! :)Happy New Year to you as well!

Since the user will not be logged in, setting submission editable by user will is not an option, that is right.

I am afraid that that the type of field being "file" will be a problem. Usually what can be passed through the URL is a string, not a file.
I am afraid that this request is above the standard BreezingForms features.

Regards,

Mihaela

• Page:
Moderators: ForumSupport
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds

BreezingForms Pro 1.4.7 for WordPress Released!

Available in the membership section.

Summer Sale!

Massive discounts on all subscriptions!

Get Your Subscription Here

Quick Links

Downloads

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Templates

Documentation

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Apprendre BreezingForms (French Community)

Apprendre et maîtriser BreezingForms par des tutoriels et exemples, le tout en français

breezingforms.eddy-vh.com

Questions et réponses sur les forums de l'AFUJ

AFUJ

Special Offer

Summer Sale! All subscriptions at a special price!

Includes prio support, all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions and Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership.

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!