Advice required on emailing submitted form's details

• baileynp
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

baileynp created the topic: Advice required on emailing submitted form's details

Hi

My super-duper form is nearing completion, and the user is displayed a very nice looking page upon form submission, which wouldn't have been possible without the help and support of the guys and gals here. :)

My next question is about emailing the final page's contents as an email to the user.

I've found this topic where I can create the HTML structure using PHP and then populate the data using session variables from the form, but I have no idea where to begin with this. :(

I'm guessing I need to create a separate PHP file, but how do I call it, and how do I populate the variables?

Again, thanks for your time. :)
  • Thank you received: 343

mihaela replied the topic: Advice required on emailing submitted form's details

Hello,

I'm glad that you are satisfied with our support and that your form is near completion. :)

If you just wish to send a confirmation email to the user, go to the Advanced properties of the field in your form where user enters his email and check the "Mailback" checkbox.

Then go to your form's Advanced properties > More options > Mailback emails and if you don't like the default email look you can create custom email containing only fields that you like.

Do you wish to send a PDF as an attachment since you've linked this topic crosstec.org/en/support/online-documenta...-s-pdf-template.html ?

Regards,

Mihaela
  • baileynp
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

baileynp replied the topic: Advice required on emailing submitted form's details

Cool - I hadn't seen that option to create custom emails. :)

What I actually want to do is to replicate the HTML code I have in my last page's section and either email that as the content of the email or as a PDF attachment.

Is that possible, as there is quite a bit coding behind the section's population?

Regards

If you already have the html code written you can try to write it in the Custom email sections through Tools > Source code.

Enter your code there.

To include values of form fields use the following shortcode:
{FIELDNAME:value}

You could also write HTML template for the PDF, but you would have to initialize a variable for each form field that you wish to include in the content and assign value to it.

Let me know whether you have managed to make it work as you wanted.

Regards,

Mihaela
  • baileynp
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

baileynp replied the topic: Advice required on emailing submitted form's details

Thanks Mihaela

I'll probably have to go down the route of a custom PHP file as a lot of the values are calculated using SQL.

I can see I need to create a PHP file with the name of my form, and that I can use variables, but it appears to be getting its data from $xmldata.

How is that populated?

Hello again,

If you have values calculated in End Submit pieces then you could create an email template there as well.

You can take a look at this example crosstec.org/en/forums/15-usage/125018-c...backfile.html#230240 or this one crosstec.org/en/forums/18-languages/1254...html?start=12#233646 .

Here you can see explanation how to create PHP template for emails crosstec.org/en/support/online-documenta...-templates-work.html .

Regards,

Mihaela
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds

New Icon Packs Category!

Crosstec is now offering icon packs.

If you are a paying subscriber, icon packs are automatically added to your account.

Check out our icon packs page!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Summer Sale!

50% discount on all of our extension subscription plans, templates and icon packs!

Get Your Subscription Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99 for just 49! (Summer Sale)

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here