PayPal Button Usage

• nphic
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

nphic created the topic: PayPal Button Usage

Folks,

I'm creating a donation form that has various levels. You can see the levels here, www.broadwayboundproductionsinc.com . We will be using PayPal. A user will select the level they want and then they will manually enter the amount of money they want to donate. Do you have documentation on how I would pass the amount of money to the PayPal button and then submit to PayPal for processing? I added the PayPal button to my form, now i just need to understand the code to populate the PayPal button.

Thanks,
Joe
  • Thank you received: 333

mihaela replied the topic: PayPal Button Usage

Hello,

Please take a look at this piece of documentation crosstec.org/en/support/online-documenta...l-donation-form.html since here it is explained how to pass to PayPal an amount which was entered in the form.

Let me know whether this works as you wanted.

Regards,

Mihaela
  • nphic
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

nphic replied the topic: PayPal Button Usage

Mihaela,

Thanks! Exactly what I needed. I'll ping back should I require further help!

Thanks,
Joe

Great! :)

I hope that you will manage to set this for your form.
If you have more questions, feel free to ask.

Regards,

Mihaela

coll8jm replied the topic: PayPal Button Usage

Hi There, I have used the suggested tutorial to set up a donation form and it has worked really well.

Though do you know if, or have any suggestions that, I can ensure the donation amount is greater than a certain amount. Say I wish visitors to donate a minimum value of 5.00.

Would I need an actionscript on that field to set it?

Any help or suggestions you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Best Jamie

Hello,

What you want can be easily done.

Please go to Properties of the "donationAmount" field and in the Validation section set Type to Custom.
In the code area below put the following code:
unction ff_donationAmount_validation(element, message)
{
    if (element.value == "" ) {
        if (message=='') message = "Please enter donation amount.\n"
        ff_validationFocus(element.name);
        return message;
    } // if
   else if ( Number(element.value) <5) {
        if (message=='') message = "Please enter donation amount greater than 5.00.\n"
        ff_validationFocus(element.name);
        return message;
    } // if
    return '';
} // ff_donationAmount_validation
That should do the trick. When person tries to submit the form with no donation amount entered or amount less than 5, an error message will appear.

Let me know whether this is working as you wanted.

Regards,

Mihaela
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds

New Icon Packs Category!

Crosstec is now offering icon packs.

If you are a paying subscriber, icon packs are automatically added to your account.

Check out our icon packs page!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Summer Sale!

50% discount on all of our extension subscription plans, templates and icon packs!

Get Your Subscription Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99 for just 49! (Summer Sale)

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here