Select list not showing all text options

• Thank you received: 316

mihaela replied the topic: Select list not showing all text options

Thank you for your kind words.

In that case, can you please update BreezingForms to the latest version and see whether that fixes the issue.

Regards,

Mihaela
  • citylop
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

citylop replied the topic: Select list not showing all text options

Hello Mihaela, I have updated to the latest version and somehow that changed the select list window, but there are still some words that don't fit inside the window nor there is a way to make word wrapping inside that window.

Thank you in advance.

BR

Hello again,

I see that some titles are really lengthy. What I can suggest is to add to that select list a funtionality to scroll horizontally to see the whole text.

To achieve so do as follows.
Go to your form > Advanced tab > More options > Form pieces > Before Form > Type > Custom and paste this code:
echo '
<style>
#ff_elem386 {
    overflow-x: scroll !important;
}
</style>
';
Let me know whether after you add the code it select list looks like you wanted.

Regards,

Mihaela
  • citylop
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

citylop replied the topic: Select list not showing all text options

Hello Mihaela, sorry but there is no horizontal scroll after adding your code to the proper place you pointed at me.

But I was wondering, isn't there a solution like word wrapping or a simple </br> that would force changing lines just for this sentence?

Thank you anyway.

BR

Hello,

I took a look at your form to try to figure out why the horizontal scroll isn't applied, but I saw that it is.
Here is a screenshot of the select list in your form

The user has an option to scroll horizontally to see the whole option text.

You wrote, "But I was wondering, isn't there a solution like a word wrapping or a simple </br> that would force changing lines just for this sentence?". If you were asking if it is possible to break one option in more lines, that can not easily be done because <br> tag can't be added into an option's text. You take a look at this link stackoverflow.com/questions/2864238/line...n-html-select-option regarding the same question.

Regards,

Mihaela
Attachments:
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Summer Sale!

50% discount on all of our extension subscription plans & templates!

Get Your Subscription Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99 for just 49! (Summer Sale)

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here