• CotswoldD
  • CotswoldD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Wedding Photographer Based in Cornwall
  • Thank you received: 0

CotswoldD created the topic: File Uploads

Ref: educationalpsychologist-glos.co.uk/parent-booking-form

When you attach a file it does not get sent in email!

Why would this be?

Also when i highlight an element to be required, the form can still be sent when the forn not filled in!

Bit confused with these 2 parts.

regards pete
  • Thank you received: 344

mihaela replied the topic: File Uploads

Hello,

You can choose whether you want to attach the uploaded file in the email sent. By default it is not sent.
Navigate to Advanced properties of the "File upload" element in your form and you will see "Attach to mailback address(es)" and "Attach to admin mail(s)" checkboxes.

Check the checkbox depending on which email you wish to append the file to.

As for the marking field as required, if you check the Required checkbox, it will only make the asterix icon to appear. You need to also select the Validation script from library in order for the field to be validated.

Take a look at this piece of documentation crosstec.org/en/support/online-documenta...g-form-elements.html to see which validation script suits your needs.

Let me know whether this helped and whether you've managed to set it to work as you wanted.

Regards,

Mihaela

trucks79 replied the topic: File Uploads

I don't see this option?
i have the latest version but does not have this option

please advise
Attachments:

Hello again,

That is because you are in the wrong place.
You should go to Advanced properties of the "File upload" element in your form and not the form's Advanced properties.

Therefore, please click on the file upload element in the form and then click on the "Advanced" tab, scroll down and you will see these options.

Let me know whether that resolves the issue.

Regards,

Mihaela
The following user(s) said Thank You: trucks79

trucks79 replied the topic: File Uploads

fab thanks . I got it working now.
I am not too bothered about saving the attachments providing they are added to the PDF.

Is there a way to not save the attachments but still have them incorporated in the pdf document? or can I have it so the attachments / images are saved to a separate folder that's not accessed by anyone and the form saved to a folder that people do have access to?

for example pdf form saved to folder: completed reports
the images / attachments are saved to a folder called: form images not used

that way they just kind of stay in a junk folder?

if that makes sense

Hello,

I'm not sure I understand how this is supposed to work. So you would like that the uploaded file is sent to admin in email, but that the same file isn't saved to record when you, for example, review the record in manage records. Is that what you want?

As for the folder where the uploaded files get saved, you can define to which folder you wish to save the files uploaded in that field. Just go to Advanced properties of the file upload field and you will see a field "Upload directory" where you define where you wish to save the files.
You can find out more about it in this piece of documentation crosstec.org/en/support/online-documenta...fferent-folders.html .

Let me know whether this answers your question.

Regards,

Mihaela
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds

New Icon Packs Category!

Crosstec is now offering icon packs.

If you are a paying subscriber, icon packs are automatically added to your account.

Check out our icon packs page!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Summer Sale!

50% discount on all of our extension subscription plans, templates and icon packs!

Get Your Subscription Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99 for just 49! (Summer Sale)

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here