How to display UTF-8/Unicode Characters used in View from Breezing Form Labels?

• 5uwebsite
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2

5uwebsite created the topic: How to display UTF-8/Unicode Characters used in View from Breezing Form Labels?

Hi there,

I have two questions:

1. I am creating a view with the Breezing Form Source. After I select the form, I realized that UTF-8 Characters are showing as question marks: mrkr.io/s/5c1bc2e6f764fc71d759c26b/0

2. When we create a view via Breezing Form, there is an option called "Edit by type".

The documentation said "Save changes and go to the next step. Now you need to connect your BreezingForms form with your new View. To do so just pick your form in a dropdown menu in Source Tab. Also, choose edit by type in Type section."

What is this used for?

Thanks,
  • Thank you received: 264

DarkoCujic replied the topic: How to display UTF-8/Unicode Characters used in View from Breezing Form Labels?

Hey,

for the first question, could you please paste the characters here so I can try it out on my environment. Also, please check your database and see what collations are set on all breezingforms, facileforms and contentbuilder tables? What characters do you need, that is, what language are those strings in?

For edit by type, that's used if you want to use BF engine for adding new records. That is, when someone clicks new or edit, they will be presented with the form your view is connected to. If you don't want to use that, the alternative would be to build a new CB form to be used for adding and editing records. That's done via Editable Template.

Regards,
Darko

Satisfied with our support? PayPal tips
===========
Need to renew Pro Support? Buy Here!
===========
Satisfied? Consider a membership!
===========
Like us on Facebook
===========
Support Crosstec and get ALL EXTENSIONS and professional support for just $5. Here!
  • 5uwebsite
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

5uwebsite replied the topic: How to display UTF-8/Unicode Characters used in View from Breezing Form Labels?

Hi DarkoCujic,

For your first questions, these characters for the two fields are:

VIN 号码
请确认车辆信息是否正确

They are both in the language of Simplified Chinese.

The fields having problem for display in content builder backend view management interface (i.e. mrkr.io/s/5c1bc2e6f764fc71d759c26b/0 ) are working well in Breezing form: mrkr.io/s/5c1d145797895e376037b791/0

Values stored for these fields are all set to UTF-8 Collation, and the values can be displayed normally in both frontend and backend. The only issue is the Label of these these Breezing Form fields. These labels are displayed normally at the Breezing Form backend, but NOT in the Content Builder View Management Interface.

Thank you!

DarkoCujic replied the topic: How to display UTF-8/Unicode Characters used in View from Breezing Form Labels?

Hey,

sorry for the late reply, I must've missed this topic. Happy New year by the way :)

I've tried both the labels and they work just fine in both the frontend and backend view and in the view setup screen (like in your screenshot). And to top it off, I'm pretty sure I only have native support for Chinese characters, nothing custom. So, that means that the problem must be something related to your environment.

Would you be willing to send backend credentials to darko.cujic@crosstec.org and I'll take a look?

Regards,
Darko

===========
===========
===========
Like us on Facebook
===========
Support Crosstec and get ALL EXTENSIONS and professional support for just $5. Here!
  • 5uwebsite
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

5uwebsite replied the topic: How to display UTF-8/Unicode Characters used in View from Breezing Form Labels?

Hi Darko,

Thank you for your reply. Happy New Year!

The login information was sent to your email.

Thanks,

Hey,

I haven't been able to accomplish anything from the backend.

The only thing that comes to my mind is the database itself. So, could you please check what are the collations on your contentbuilder_* tables?

Regards,
Darko

===========
===========
===========
Like us on Facebook
===========
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Summer Sale!

50% discount on all of our extension subscription plans & templates!

Get Your Subscription Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99 for just 49! (Summer Sale)

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here