Add previous title of page to form which will be filled in.

• stof
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

stof created the topic: Add previous title of page to form which will be filled in.

Hi,

I just tried to add the url of the previous page where visitors come from ( or better would be the title of the page ) to the admin form.

However I can not get this working properly. I used this thread to fix it:
crosstec.org/en/forums/6-feature-request...e-previous-page.html

I followed all the steps in this thread but without succes. What do I do wrong?

I have a sollicitaion form and want to add the position which is on the previous page where they come from.

Thanks.
  • Thank you received: 194

mihaela replied the topic: Add previous title of page to form which will be filled in.

Hello,

Have you written a Initscript for textfield in which the url of the previous page should be displayed like the following?
function ff_ELEMENTNAME_init(element, condition){
element.value = document.referrer;  
} // ff_ELEMENTNAME_init
If you have, please check whether you have checked the Form Entry checkbox.

When you load the form, is that field empty or something is displayed?

Regards,

Mihaela
  • stof
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

stof replied the topic: Add previous title of page to form which will be filled in.

Hi Mihaela,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I did. Herewith a screenshot.
www.screencast.com/t/2vGyZ4e2J8

When I come from a certain page and then click on the button to go to the form. I do not see anything in the textfield that I created for this.

Any ideas what else it could be?

mihaela replied the topic: Add previous title of page to form which will be filled in.

It seems that you have set everything properly.

Did you try to Preview the form in backend? Does it show the url in the field when previewing the form?

Regards,

Mihaela
  • stof
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

stof replied the topic: Add previous title of page to form which will be filled in.

Hi Mihaela,

I found one mistake in the code. Now it works fine. Thanks!

( I forgot to change the first Bf code , had to change it into the name )

Hello again,

I'm glad that you've found what was causing this not to work and that it is now working properly.

I thought that bfQuickMode19904 was the Name of element in your form if that is the Name you are referring to.

If you have more questions, feel free to ask.

Regards,

Mihaela
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds

New Support System

Dear Customers,

Users with active subscription have support priority which will be dona via ServiceDesk (My Account > Raise a ticket).
FREE Support topics will be answered when AND if there is time.

You can check support guidelines here : here

Regards,
Crosstec Team

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99€

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here