TOPIC:

BF migrate from Joomla 3.10.11 to Joomla 4.2.6 (On PHP8) 3 weeks 6 hours ago #280925

• RedStar's Avatar Topic Author
  • RedStar
  • Registered
Hello BF Team, hello BF community!

I saw a lot of topics regarding the use of the BF Build 942 with PHP 8 and Joomla 4 but can't find all answers...

Anyone can explain me the right migration process from Joomla 3.10.11; BF 1.9.1 (build 941) under PHP 7.4 (native) to

->

BF 1.9.1 (build 943) Joomla 4.2.6 and PHP 8.1? I'd like to keep a maximum compatibility on BF.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards.

Max.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by RedStar.

BF migrate from Joomla 3.10.11 to Joomla 4.2.6 (On PHP8) 2 weeks 5 days ago #280981

• TheMuffinMan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Super Users
Hi,

just install over the existing installation after the Joomla upgrade.

Then in BF => Package Manager & Pieces Manager, delete all scripts and pieces for the package "FF".

Then re-install the package (it contains a couple of php8 fixes) in BF => Configuration => Package Installer.

There upload the file stdlib.english.xml from the folder on your server /administrator/components/com_breezingforms/packages/

This should be all. If you use the GData plugin for spreadsheets, I just created a new plugin that would will need to install and setup separately. This one will be included in the download package today or tomorrow after a few further tests by community members.

Regards,
Markus

BF migrate from Joomla 3.10.11 to Joomla 4.2.6 (On PHP8) 2 weeks 5 days ago #280987

• RedStar
  • Registered
Hello Markus!

Thank you very much for your time and your answer.

Should I uprade first BF to 943 build, then proceed to packages reinstall and then upgrade Joomla or you suggest to firstly update Joomla with PHP version and update BF next?

Thanks again.

Regards.

Max.

BF migrate from Joomla 3.10.11 to Joomla 4.2.6 (On PHP8) 2 weeks 5 days ago #281002

• TheMuffinMan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Super Users
Hi,

since I assume you want to keep your records, I would rather first upgrade joomla and then proceed as I stated above.

In any way, make sure to make a backup first.

Regards,
Markus

BF migrate from Joomla 3.10.11 to Joomla 4.2.6 (On PHP8) 2 weeks 5 days ago #281016

• RedStar
  • Registered
Thanks Markus.

Really appreciate your help and your involvement in BF developpement.

Enjoy your day!

Best Regards.
Max.

• Page:
Moderators: ForumSupport
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds

Support Discord

Join our Discord and enter the Crosstec channels for live-support, chat forums and directly interacting with the community!

Quick Links

Downloads

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Templates

Documentation

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Apprendre BreezingForms (French Community)

Apprendre et maîtriser BreezingForms par des tutoriels et exemples, le tout en français

breezingforms.eddy-vh.com

Questions et réponses sur les forums de l'AFUJ

AFUJ

Subscribe to news and updates!

Special Offer

Sale! All subscriptions at a special price!

Includes prio support, all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions and Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership.

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here and enter the Crosstec channels to receive live support and talk directly to the team!