TOPIC:

Step 2 fails with sql syntax error 10 years 4 months ago #12207

• Topic Author
  • jonw
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
The com_breezingforms_170.zip installs OK, but when proceeding to step 2 (configuration in the menu), I get an error for the sql-operation. The message is:

DB function failed with error number 1064
You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8' at line 9 SQL=CREATE TABLE `jos_facileforms_integrator_criteria_fixed` ( `id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, `rule_id` int(11) NOT NULL, `reference_column` varchar(255) NOT NULL, `operator` varchar(255) NOT NULL, `fixed_value` text NOT NULL, `andor` varchar(3) NOT NULL default 'AND', PRIMARY KEY (`id`) ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8

This happens when I do a new install (I have no previous facileforms components).

When trying to do a reinstall, I get a bit further, but on the next screen I get this error:
Warning: fopen(/components/com_facileforms/facileforms.config.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /components/com_facileforms/facileforms.class.php on line 288

I can continue from this screen though, and ends up with a set of choices. However, leaving all this untouched and clicking save sends me back to the initial configuration.

I have bought and payed for the component properly (should I include any proof of this?), and were honestly expecting better from a paid component. :huh:

My Joomla version is 1.5.15.

The system info reports
4.0.24_Debian-10sarge2
PHP 5.2.6-1+lenny4
Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) PHP/5.2.6-1+lenny4 with Suhosin-Patch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by jonw.

Re: Step 2 fails with sql syntax error 10 years 4 months ago #12210

• terrywmu
  • Ultimate Breezer
  • Ultimate Breezer
Hi Akropolis,

It sounds like you did, but just to confirm, did you unzip the initial zip file before you started?

If not, then you need to do that first. In that case, before you try again, please uninstall the BreezingForms component and then install the com_BreezingForms_170.zip.

If that is the component you already installed, then when you get to Step Two, you should keep "New install: Create tables (drops existing tables)" selected. At that point, you can also check 'Select optional packages' if you wish. (You may have to uninstall and then reinstall if you initially selected the 'Reinstalling 1.4' option.)

If after that, you are still having trouble, please send an Email to me at terry@crosstec.org - if you include admin login info for me in that email, I will go in and try and install it for you.

Hope this helps.

Terry
BreezingForms Customer Care

Re: Step 2 fails with sql syntax error 10 years 4 months ago #12211

• terrywmu
  • Ultimate Breezer
  • Ultimate Breezer
Hi again,

There is one other thing you can try, as noted in Joomla’s Help site:

INSTALL DIRECTORY

As an alternative to installing from an archive file, you can follow the steps below:
  • Create a temporary directory on your local hard drive and unpack the Extension's archive file in this temporary directory.
  • Using FTP, upload the contents of this directory (including files and subdirectories) to a directory on your server.
  • In the Install Directory field specify the directory where you have uploaded the files and subdirectories of the package.
  • Click on the Install button and Joomla! will install the contents of the given directory.
  • When it is finished, the screen will display the message "Install Component Success". If the installation is not successful, an error message will display.

For more information, check the Joomla Help Site.

Please let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,
Terry
BreezingForms Customer Care

Re: Step 2 fails with sql syntax error 10 years 4 months ago #12404

• hamzah
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
Hi, all I am having this problem too.

It seems that the upgrade from 1.4 xx does not work. Seems that there is something wrong with SQL statement in the upgrade.

If I use the create new all is alright.

The problem here is that I have existing forms with the 1.5RC1 version. When create new will delete all the forms and the data.

Please advice.

I have root access the to mysql server.

Thank you for the assistance.

( I am installing version 1.7.1 over the 1.5 RC1)

Thank you.

Re:Step 2 fails with sql syntax error 10 years 3 months ago #12608

• TFischer
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
I have the same problem!

Step2 SQL Error

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8' at line 9 SQL=CREATE TABLE `jos_facileforms_integrator_criteria_fixed` ( `id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, `rule_id` int(11) NOT NULL, `reference_column` varchar(255) NOT NULL, `operator` varchar(255) NOT NULL, `fixed_value` text NOT NULL, `andor` varchar(3) NOT NULL default 'AND', PRIMARY KEY (`id`) ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8

What can I do?

Thank you very much!

Re: Step 2 fails with sql syntax error 9 years 4 months ago #27448

• reweiseriii
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
I also get the following message when trying to install on a new Joomla site (meaning in this case that it has not had any previous versions of Breezing Forms on the site).

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE = MYISAM' at line 5 SQL=CREATE TABLE `jos_facileforms_config` ( `id` varchar(30) NOT NULL default '', `value` text, PRIMARY KEY (`id`) ) TYPE = MYISAM

• Page:
Moderators: ForumSupport
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds

July Sale!

Discounts for all of our extensions + support. Ending July 31st!

Get Your Subscription Here

Quick Links

Downloads

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Templates

Documentation

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Apprendre BreezingForms (French Community)

Apprendre et maîtriser BreezingForms par des tutoriels et exemples, le tout en français

breezingforms.eddy-vh.com

Questions et réponses sur les forums de l'AFUJ

AFUJ

Special Offer

Summer Sale! All subscriptions at a special price!

Includes prio support, all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions and Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership.

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!