TOPIC:

Breezing Forms Pro - wordpress 4 months 4 weeks ago #257997

• Topic Author
  • bamhost
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
I don't know where else to go to get pro support...the link in their support menu, titled "How to get Pro Support" the page says nothing about how to get it...so I do hope someone that can either help me or guide me in the right direction sees this post.

Versions:
- Wordpress 5.7.1
- BreezingForms 1.4.7 Stable (build 236)

I use shortcode to display my form within a page. On this page "only" I am getting the following error and it is breaking things on the page that works everywhere else on the site. I did google this error and found results dating 2 years ago by other breezing form users experiencing the same issue in their Joomla installs. I am using WordPress so unsure how to fix this since the error actually points to a joomla folder, even though I do not have joomla installed. One would think after 2 years the php coding in breezing forms would be fixed to work with php 7.*, but I guess I think wrong.

Can anyone please help?

BF-Trace
<strong>*** EXCEPTION CAUGHT BY FACILEFORMS ***</strong>
PHP error level : E_DEPRECATED
PHP filename : /home/badabail/public_html/wp-content/plugins/breezing-forms/platform/libraries/joomla/string/string.php
PHP linenumber : 777
Error message : Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated

Thank you much for any assistance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Breezing Forms Pro - wordpress 4 months 4 weeks ago #258000

• tihana.krivic
Hi,

please go to:
 /home/badabail/public_html/wp-content/plugins/breezing-forms/platform/libraries/joomla/string/string.php
and replace string.php with this fixed file:

File Attachment:

File Name: string.zip
File Size:6 KB

I fixed this line 777

Let me know the result

Regards,
Tihana
Attachments:

Breezing Forms Pro - wordpress 4 months 4 weeks ago #258008

• Topic Author
  • bamhost
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
Hello,

Thank you for the response and trying to help. After uploading the new string file, there are still issues on the page that is breaking other things. As I stated, all other pages of the site work with no issues or errors. Just the page with the breezingform. Here is the url to the page so that you can see the errors first hand when you inspect the document:

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

One other problem I am having. I've searched google and these forums but unable to find a solution for the wordpress version. The above form is a multi-page form and I need to enable the progress bar, how do I do this or is there a url where there are instructions?

Thank you again for your help.

Breezing Forms Pro - wordpress 4 months 4 weeks ago #258009

• tihana.krivic
Hi,

as I can see there is no this error:
BF-Trace
<strong>*** EXCEPTION CAUGHT BY FACILEFORMS ***</strong>
PHP error level : E_DEPRECATED
PHP filename : /home/badabail/public_html/wp-content/plugins/breezing-forms/platform/libraries/joomla/string/string.php
PHP linenumber : 777
Error message : Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated

But you have another problem :
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'prop' of undefined
    at i.SmartSliderAbstract.onSliderExists (smartslider-frontend.min.js?ver=821e0c40:1)
    at mootools-more.js:5
    at c (jquery.min.js?ver=3.5.1:2)
    at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.min.js?ver=3.5.1:2)
    at Object.s.<computed> [as resolve] (jquery.min.js?ver=3.5.1:2)
    at s (smartslider-frontend.min.js?ver=821e0c40:1)
    at i.SmartSliderAbstract.waitForExists (smartslider-frontend.min.js?ver=821e0c40:1)
    at i.SmartSliderAbstract (smartslider-frontend.min.js?ver=821e0c40:1)
    at new i (smartslider-block-type-frontend.min.js?ver=821e0c40:1)
    at Object.<anonymous> ((index):254)
please check this smartslider-frontend

Regards,
Tihana

Breezing Forms Pro - wordpress 4 months 4 weeks ago #258020

• Topic Author
  • bamhost
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
Hello again,

The issue is not with the smartslider, as it works flawlessly across the site with no errors or issues, except for the page with breezing forms.

In your previous response to me you removed the full line of code in the error that points to the breezingform file which is where the problem is:

at mootools-more.js:5
is actually: /wp-content/plugins/breezing-forms/platform//media/system/js/mootools-more.js:5

None the less I did contact smartslider and they provided me with the fix to your code that you need to correct:

Breezingforms uses an outdated JavaScript library. Mootools overwrites the native .bind() method which can cause a lot of conflict.

EDIT - there are actually 2 instances in the mootools-more.js file that need to be deleted:

delete Function.prototype.bind,
and
delete Function.prototype.bind;

Note: the first instance has a comma , at the end. the second instance has a simicolon at the end of it.

To fix this issue open /wp-content/plugins/breezing-forms/platform//media/system/js/mootools-more.js and delete the following text
delete Function.prototype.bind;

Is it possible that you can make this a permanent fix so that breezingform updates do not overwrite the changes?

Thank you for your help.

Last edit: Post by bamhost. Reason: corrected the line of code that needs to be deleted

Breezing Forms Pro - wordpress 4 months 4 weeks ago #258023

• tihana.krivic
Hi,

Is it possible that you can make this a permanent fix so that breezingform updates do not overwrite the changes?

Yes, we will fix this in next updates (I already put this on out to do list).

Also, thank you very much for information

Regards,
Tihana

• Page:
Moderators: ForumSupport
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds

BreezingForms Pro 1.4.7 for WordPress Released!

Available in the membership section.

September Discount!

Massive discounts on all subscriptions!

Get Your Subscription Here

Quick Links

Downloads

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Templates

Documentation

BreezingForms

ContentBuilder

BreezingCommerce

Apprendre BreezingForms (French Community)

Apprendre et maîtriser BreezingForms par des tutoriels et exemples, le tout en français

breezingforms.eddy-vh.com

Questions et réponses sur les forums de l'AFUJ

AFUJ

Special Offer

Summer Sale! All subscriptions at a special price!

Includes prio support, all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions and Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership.

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!