Captcha error 404

• Thank you received: 669

TheMuffinMan replied the topic: Captcha error 404

Ok, we are getting closer.

Could you please list all 3rd party components you have installed?

Do you have any SEF extension like ACE Sef installed?

Also, very important would be a list of 3rd party plugins. I know this list can be quite huge, but maybe you can do screenshots of the list in the plugin manager.

The hint with category was very important because this is a clear sign that the routing is affected, usually this is caused by side-effects with other extensions (usually plugins).

Regards,
Markus

===========================
If you are happy, please leave us a small review here to keep us motivated:
(Please turn off your VPN and local Apache prior reviewing as your review might get blocked)

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ BreezingForms: extensions.joomla.org/extension/contacts...orms/breezing-forms/
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ContentBuilder: extensions.joomla.org/extension/authorin...tion/contentbuilder/

Satisfied?
Get a membership!
  • WightJohn
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

WightJohn replied the topic: Captcha error 404

The only 3rd party components are:
Breezing Form, now Build 934 and DJ-ImageSlider Version 4.1.1

I did have Rapid Contact and osolCaptcha installed. They were installed after I have the problem with Captcha, but have since been uninstalled.

ACE Sef is not installed.

The only Plugin installed is Breezing forms.
I like to keep things vanilla!

Attached are the five plugin pages

Ok, I can also see no special plugin being installed.
So, now I need to do a final check if this is actually a site or a server problem:

Would it be possible for you to zip your entire website and include a full db dump using phpmyadmin? If yes, I can install it locally and test it altogether.

After that test we'd know if it makes sense to look for issues on the site itself or rather on the server-setup side.

If you could do that, it would be really great. Please send the files to: mbopp@evolutio-it.com

Regards,
Markus

(Please turn off your VPN and local Apache prior reviewing as your review might get blocked)

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ BreezingForms: extensions.joomla.org/extension/contacts...orms/breezing-forms/
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ContentBuilder: extensions.joomla.org/extension/authorin...tion/contentbuilder/

Satisfied?
Get a membership!
  • WightJohn
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Markus,

As I said earlier it did work originally on my local development system. So, I dumped the database back from the live system to my development system, and it works like a charm, as it did before. I also ran the direct link to securimage_show.php and that displayed the captcha image in the browser.

So it must be something at the ISP server end.

Can you try a different php version?
It can also be the php.ini setup. Since it likely is the ISP setup, I would like to see how it acts with a vanilla php.ini setup.

Satisfied?
Get a membership!
  • WightJohn
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

The highest version of PHP I can go to is 7.1, which is what I am on. Therefore I could only g0 back to PHP 7.0. I did that, but it did not change the php.ini file. Here are the contents anyway:
; cPanel-generated php ini directives, do not edit
; Manual editing of this file may result in unexpected behavior.
; To make changes to this file, use the cPanel MultiPHP INI Editor (Home >> Software >> MultiPHP INI Editor)
; For more information, read our documentation ( go.cpanel.net/EA4ModifyINI )

extension = gd.so
allow_url_fopen = Off
allow_url_include = Off
display_errors = Off
enable_dl = Off
file_uploads = On
max_execution_time = 120
max_input_time = 60
max_input_vars = 1000
memory_limit = 128M
post_max_size = 128M
session.gc_maxlifetime = 1440
session.save_path = "/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php71"
upload_max_filesize = 128M
zlib.output_compression = Off
I know that 7.2 is the next currently supported version, 7.3 would be preferred. I have asked for these versions to be made available, but nothing has happened yet.
The captcha still did not display.
Just a thought. Normally, when you make a change to ini files, you stop/start the process. That's fine locally, but how do the changes apply when the ISP has control?
I don't have SSH access yet. I am still trying to get the ISP to give me the security details.
Moderators: ForumSupport
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds

We Are Doing Our Part

Massive discounts on all of our extension subscription plans to help you and your business in these times.

Get Your Subscription Here

New Icon Packs Category!

Crosstec is now offering icon packs.

If you are a paying subscriber, icon packs are automatically added to your account.

Check out our icon packs page!

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

We are doing our part and support your business with extremely low prices -- For example 6-Months-Subscription for only $9 USD. For as long as necessary.

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!